addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Sunshine Grove - Where everything is fun! Message Board › Womans SWEAT LODGE - She Who Seeks - Womans Wisdom - Annual Sweat Lodge - Ba

Womans SWEAT LODGE - She Who Seeks - Womans Wisdom - Annual Sweat Lodge - Bainbridge

WoMN
user 11167691
Group Organizer
Seattle, WA
Annual Woman's Sweat Lodge.  To RSVP go here: http://www.meetup.com...­

• This lodge will be at  Sacred Groves on Bainbridge. We will be having a private woman only sweat lodge with the Sistahood! To read about our Rainbow Way of sweat lodges, as they are fun and gentle - go here to read about our gentle way of the sweat lodge: Go Here: And PLEASE do ask questions if any arise. 

• PS... This event is for women only. No children under 18.  If it is your FIRST meetup with us do not sign up until you have contacted WoMN directly, you will be put onto a waiting list.  We are limiting the inside lodge to 13- 15 MAX  (not including fire tenders or women outside the lodge).

• Do you want to come but NOT be in the sweat lodge? We will be providing space outside for those who would enjoy melding with the lodge's work, yet be on the outside vs inside of the lodge. You may also want to offer your services as a door tender.  Please get ahold of WoMN

Any woman on their 'moon time' are welcome in this lodge.

Date: September 29, 2012  Saturday FULL MOON!

Bring: *Optional - This is a clothing optional lodge. Most women do enter the lodge just as they were born into this world. Feel free to email WoMN if you have any comments or concerns. Please wear comfy clothing and dress no matter the weather, bring an item for the altar if you’d like. Drums, rattles or other instruments or percussion are always welcome. Also, bring your book The 13 Original Clan Mothers by Jamie Sams and your journal.  We will have access to the Dome to store your items and to dine in case the weather lets loose.  **We will be creating our prayer ties after the fire is lit.

Fire Wood: Firewood is available for this Ceremony however, you will be blessed by bringing along a bundle or pieces of  wood that is Sacred to you.   Sacred wood and herbs are most welcomed as the Fire Tenders will be placing them within the fire for the first invocation and lighting.

Food: Please bring a nourishing prepared potluck item, utensils and a plate including a mug. Bring your own water bottle. We will not be providing electricity or ovens to heat food.  Bring a serving utensil. Plan on bringing your plate etc home unwashed as we will not be providing any kitchen service. BRING AMPLE WATER FOR YOURSELF.

Time: 9:30– 7ish pm or so. *Subject to change a tad* Remember we are on Spirit time, so please allow for flexible time. This is not a day to be in a rush.  Everyone MUST stay to help put the Lodge blankets back away, clean up our potluck and leave the land as we found it.  PLEASE DO NOT leave and leave the others to do this alone.  It's the Woman's Way to help beyond yourself.  Plant to come earlier if you would like to assist in the per-preparations of the ceremony such as blessing the  wood, the fire pit, the lodge and such.

Donation: $25.00 - Payment must be mailed one week in advance by September 24th, NO EXCEPTIONS please, at the latest!  Your donation must include the hold harmless agreement.  NO checks please.

HOLD HARMLESS AGREEMENT:  THIS MUST BE SIGNED AND MAILED WITH YOUR DONATION NO LATER THAN September 24th.  IF NOT RECEIVED, YOU WILL NO BE ABLE TO ATTEND THROUGH THE SHE WHO SEEKS COMMUNITY. GO HERE FOR THE FORM: Please NO EXCEPTIONS it is much to difficult to monitor who's turned in what and to do them after the deadline takes from the energy of preparing the way for the work we are set forth to do and the prayers that begin emerging.  Thank you.

Location: We will be meeting in the Meadow of Sacred Groves and not at the Round House. Please park in the lot named Moonlodge only, please do NOT park on the street as it does not allow firetruck access if a neighbor needs their assistance.  Here are the directions:  Click here Ferry Schedule to Bainbridge from Seattle:  Click here: Sacred Groves is on 10 acres of lush forest and the meadow is very private.

I will be taking the 7:55 ferry.  For the following ferry I suggest you are in line at the ferry by 8:10 to arrive on the island at 9:20 and the meadow by 9:35ish for a 10:00 fire lighting. Usually, I drum up on the top deck when I travel the ferry however, for this event I will be up top in the wind as I sit outside in contemplation and prayer for the day's event. Please do join me if it is your will. Carpooling is highly suggested so please email those that rsvp yes.

Intentions: We will be working with the energy of the 13 Grandmothers and employing various herbes between rounds to move the energy.  As well, we will work with the energy of the turning of the wheel as we begin our descent to Winter Solstice in preparations for the coming year.

Preparation: ***PLEASE READ THE DOC IN THE 'MORE FILES' TAB ABOVE. IT TELLS YOU ABOUT THE LODGE AND HOW TO BEST PREPARE - ONE MUST PRACTICE SELF CARE *** and yes, as a water pourer I do allow water bottles on the inside of the lodge.

In addition I personally bring two towels, one to sit on in the lodge and one to dry off with after a quick wash. I also bring an extra bottle of mineral water to drink right after the lodge and a quick snack like a bananna etc. The potluck takes a bit of time to get going after the lodge as women are setting prayer ties into the fire, getting dressed etc... if you have questions please call me at 253-606-6332 or email me at morrighan@comcast.net directly.  We will need to work together to clean up after as we need to hang the sweat blankets and clean up after ourselves...leave NO trace and please remove your personal garbage.

No Show Fee: Due to the fact that there are women that RSVP and do not show (and we wait to open circle) with out notifying us at all, or say they can't make it at the last minute before we begin, will be charged a NSF (No Show Fee) of $25.00.  If this NSF fee is not paid within one week of the gathering, they will be banned from the community and removed from meetup, it's that simple.  We hold a high standard of ethics for all women.   If you can not attend you must notify us at LEAST two days in advance so that another woman can come because our meetups fill up fast and there are women waiting for a spot. IF you become ill, or something happens beyond your control please call or text WoMN asap at 253-606-6332

*** This Lodge is for women OVER 18. There is however, a women coming of age sweat lodge held from time to time at Sacred Groves... if this interests those of you with daughters please let me know***

***Also, it is a tradition that you bring a gift for the fire tenders, the door tender and for the water pourer... Ideas: Tobacco, a special stone, herbes, a poem, a feather, .. .... something special you want to pass on... nothing that you have to purchase ...just a gift of gratitude for them being in service to you while you are in the lodge.

***Please DO NOT rsvp if you do not plan to attend for sure! Do not cancel your RSVP within one week of the event. This event needs your preparations as well as the coordinators begin to plan at that time and when you cancel at the last minute the energy shifts.

Initiated Sacred Fire Tenders: Yvonne with Anisa as her side-by

Water Pourer: WoMN

In Service,

WoMN

Priestess of Lothloriën - Lay Minister - Shamanic Practitioner

More About Preparations For The Day

When you come into the sweatlodge, you will be bringing with you, your four sacred bodies (physical, emotional, mental, and spiritual) that are reflected in the four sacred directions of the ancient medicine wheel.   It is important for you to begin ahead of time to thoughtfully/prayerfully prepare each of these bodies.  You are each responsible for choosing/creating what that preparation looks like.  For the physical body, it could mean altering your regular eating/drinking habits for some days prior to the lodge.  If you use sugar, tobacco, alcohol or recreational drugs, it would be best to clear your system of these the day of the sweatlodge.  On the emotional side, you might reflect on what feelings, resentments, and patterns you are holding onto that no longer serve your life, and open to releasing them yet know these are not counseling sessions.  In the mental realm, you might choose a practice that empties your mind, and opens it up to receiving new insights and understandings that may be "beyond thought".  In the spiritual realm you might take time to receive and articulate guidance from the grandmothers.