What we're about
MISSION: provide you with the necessary education, guidance, support, and community to (1) save your family member or friend from addiction, and (2) heal/recover from the negative impact addiction has made upon you and your family
Collectively, the organizers of this group have over 65 years of experience working in the field of drug and alcohol treatment (or addiction therapy).
Have you and are you doing everything you can to save your family member or friend from becoming another tragic statistic:
- The rate of drug abuse and addiction is ever increasing in America. Over 23 million Americans are addicted to alcohol or other drugs (both illicit and prescription drugs), which is approximately 1 in 10 Americans over the age of 12 – roughly equal to the entire population of Texas (National Institute on Drug Abuse).
- Despite the fact that American people make up only 4% of the global population, they still manage to use 2/3 of all illegal drugs, 3/4 of prescription pain killers, and a grossly disproportionately amount of all narcotic prescription medication compared to the rest of the world (National Institute on Drug Abuse).
- Deaths from drug overdose have been rising steadily in the last 10 years and are now the leading cause of preventable injury and death in the US, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- Only 1 in 10 people with a drug problem actually receives the help they need, according to the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMSHA)
- Over 25% of Americans die prematurely as a result of their addiction, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)