Our group will be about getting together once a month (sometimes more) for some yummy Sushi.
There will be a $2/year membership fee to join, which will cover the cost of bookings, materials, and other things. Members must pay their dues within 180 days of joining. Other costs will be listed page for individual events. Members must attend at least 3 meetups a year. IF YOU ARE ATTENDING A MEETUP, YOU MUST HAVE YOUR DUES PAID FOR OR YOU WILL BE REMOVED FROM THE EVENT. You can pay using Meetup's WePay system (super safe) OR you can PayPal me OR you can pay the $5 when you attend an event (please email me privately)
Suggestions of Sushi restaurants you enjoy dining at or ones you would like to try are welcome and wanted. We attend together for the experience and to enjoy one another's company. Whether you are an enthusiast or only an occasional Sushi lover ALL are welcome to join; we do not discriminate!
This group attends Long Island Sushi restaurants only, but there may be some city events planned in the future.
We pay in cash only to keep the bill simple unless we are 7 or less of us. The rule is you multiply 1.3 after you figure out what you owe, to add tax and tip onto your bill. Pull out your phone or bring a calculator!
We look forward to sharing these dining event experiences with you and having you as a member and a new friend.
See you soon!
Our group policy - updated September 2016-
-If you respond that you are attending an event, but don't show up that doesn't look so good. Do that THREE times and you will be removed from the group.
-If you respond yes to event, but are seen as responding yes to another event (either in this group or another), this suggests you are not serious about either event. If you show up on two event pages for the same day and time, the leaders and organizers of this group have the right to remove you from that event.
- RSVP's close 3 hours before an event; exception, events where a reservation is not necessary. In most cases, any event that has less than 5 people attending will be canceled unless otherwise stated by the event host.
-NO HARASSMENT OF ANY KIND WILL BE TOLERATED. Group members are not allowed to make unwanted advances or harass other members of the group (including leaders and hosts) during the meetups or through emails and phone calls. If a group member does this, they will be removed from the group.
-Members are expected to RSVP responsibly.
RSVP'ing responsibly includes .......
• keeping your RSVP to an event accurate
• contacting the event host when running late, and/or needing to change your RSVP last minute to a NO. Contact should be made by texting, leaving a voicemail message stating the change, or an e-mail, unless otherwise requested by the host. Etiquette is usually to contact the host 3 hours before the start of an event for a NO or MAYBE and up to a 1/2 before the event should you plan to or are running late with notification of when you expect to be there.
• contacting the event host before the event when you have questions, concerns, and to arrange for any needed accommodations for yourself and/or your guests.
• participating in an event the way intended unless discussed with the host beforehand or with the group host and/or group in whole during
• members are allowed to bring 1 guest to an event, unless otherwise agreed or stated
• We reserve the right to remove members who No Show, and in the circumstance of misconduct and/or repetitive discourtesy to hosts, venues and/or other members.
In trying to keep the focal point of this group on finding sushi restaurants to dine at together all throughout LI, forming friendships, and enjoying the events with one another and less on other things that might get in the way of this is why these guidelines/this policy was put together.
We hope this will work to serve it's intended purpose, and to get to see you all soon. :-)