Join us for this exciting FREE Sussex County STEM Alliance TOUR!
Date: November 15, 2018
Time: 9 to 10 a.m. per the below schedule
9:00 - 9:15 A103 Meeting place and Information Session
9:16 - 9:26 A124 Imaging Facility
9:27 - 9:37 A238 Photonic Sensor Systems Lab
9:38 - 9:48 A128 3D Printing Lab
9:49 - 10:00 A130 Nano Chemistry
Location: 1200 N. DuPont Highway, Dover, DE 19901
The Optical Science Center for Applied Research (OSCAR) at Delaware State University (DSU) enables overall academic and professional development of students by providing hands-on research experience in the following emerging areas:
• Other related fields of STEM careers.
The overall goal is to engage students in critical thinking in addressing key societal challenges using light-based technologies.
The current research areas of researchers associated with OSCAR are:
• Ultra-High Resolution Imaging
• Uncooled Infrared Detection
• Space Exploration & Navigation
• Electro & Bio-Engineering Sensors (i.e.: wearables)
• Greenhouse Gas and Pollutant Detection
• Cancer Detection Research, and 3-D Printing.
In addition to the research component of OSCAR, there is an Outreach component where the goal is to improve STEM education by training teachers and giving opportunities to K-12 students to increase their STEM knowledge. OSCAR research interns are offered all-year round paid fellowships at all academic levels including undergraduate and high school.
OSCAR current portfolio of summer programs consists of three summer programs where the participants are paid to attend
• A one-week summer mathematics & physics enrichment program for middle school students, high school students and
• A middle and high school six-week teacher training program.