addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Sweetwater Camera Club Message Board › Postponed until a later date: Southeastern Railway Museum Field Trip

Postponed until a later date: Southeastern Railway Museum Field Trip

Closed to new replies

Richard N.
user 38922982
Douglasville, GA
Hey there, Sweetwater Camera Club "Meetup" members,

We are postponing the Duluth Train Museum Field Trip until sometime later in the summer. There are several reasons for this:

First, we usually want a representative from the field trip committee to attend any field trip that we hold because someone needs to be available in case problems arise. This is an administrative issue. David Stephens, who has been our field trip chairman since back in November, has done a great job putting together interesting trips. He recently resigned from this position for health reasons and has indicated on the Meetup site that he will not be attending this field trip.

As president, I am a member of each committee, yet I can't attend this field trip on Saturday. Later in the year, we would like to feature this as the outstanding field trip that it is and set up a carpool for those who want to ride and not drive-- because Duluth is a bit far away and a waste of good gasoline if each person takes their own vehicle.  

Second, we have already had two field trips this month, one to the Taste for Douglasville Arts and the second at the Caribbean Parade in downtown Atlanta. We are making plans for a field trip to the Atlanta Botanical Gardens later this month. David has also planned in advance for us to attend and photograph the Douglasville City fireworks on the 4th of July.

It is my opinion that we need to encourage as many people as possible within our club and on its fringes, to attend our field trips. Field trips and workshops are here to encourage photographers to keep busy learning the art and craft of photography. I would wholeheartedly encourage each person reading this to make it your priority to attend the SCC field trips and continue to improve each facet of your natural visual arts talent. We are so lucky to live in an age of digital image capture. What did we do to deserve to enjoy these wonderful tools?

Also, I haven't had time to do an adequate job of publicizing the Duluth Train Musum field trip, so the attendance, should we go through with this, will be exceedingly low. Only two people out of our 80 members have responded on the meetup site that they would like to attend. 

I hope you will all come to our monthly meeting next Thursday evening at the Hunter Park Community Center. Our speaker will be Lou Raimondi, who will be showing his work and discussing Sports Photography. You may learn more about him at http://www.louraimondi.com­ .

Thank you!

Richard