- Micro Talks
This month we'll be doing micro talks. Current ideas are: * Testing with protocols * Dependency injection with Swinject * AppCode vs Xcode Let us know if you have an idea for a micro talk and we'll add it to the list. If you're up for giving a micro talk let us know, but we're happy to dig in and talk about any topic that you're interested in as well. Just leave a comment, send a DM, or let us know on Slack ( https://slack.swift.mn ).
- Intro to ARKit - Mark Dostal
This month, Mark will introduce us to ARKit by showing us how he uses it, and how we can get started with it. Mark is an iOS and Mac developer at Esri, the global market leader in GIS. He’s worked in Software Development since 1988, published his first Mac app in 1989, attended his first WWDC in the early ’90s, worked for local educational software company MECC on The Oregon Trail, contributed to Esri’s first Mac app, which won “Best in Show” at the ’95 MacWorld conference, worked on Esri’s first iOS app, which had over 900k downloads, and is currently helping developers from all over the world create compelling and immersive mapping applications.
- Introduction to Server-Side Swift with Vapor 3
• What we’ll do This month, Adam Mika will introduce us to server-side Swift with Vapor 3 which is currently in beta. The Vapor team continues to iterate and improve the Vapor framework, and we’ll get a peek into some of the interesting changes that are coming up.
- Persistence Adapter Layers
• What we'll do We’re kicking this year off with a discussion about Realm, Core Data, CloudKit, and how to isolate your app from your persistence layer. Adam Ahrens and Steve Vlaminck will talk about how to design and build a thin wrapper around your data and why that’s a good idea. When I Work will be providing pizza at 6, and we'll start the presentation around 6:30. • What to bring • Important to know