Have you always wanted to learn more about design principles? Yes? Well, you're in luck!
Our friends from Perth, Patima Tantiprasut (https://au.linkedin.com/in/patimatantiprasut) and Corey Ginnivan (https://au.linkedin.com/in/coreyginnivan), will be holding a 3 hour design workshop that will take things back to the basics. They have run this successful workshop with the Perth community and are now bringing it to Sydney!
They will be covering the core design principles with a few examples, what to look out for, and how to apply these principles in future work.
Don’t worry, it won’t just be all about the theory! There’ll definitely be lots of designing in some way, shape or form.
Who’s this workshop for?
• Front-end developers who’ve been dabbling and want to finesse their design skills
• Designers who want to do something a bit different to boost their creativity
• Unicorns need not apply, though, always welcome
What will you get out of it?
• A chance to flex those creative muscles and try something different
• A point of origin as to what makes a great design
• Tools to help with the ideas process
• Something cool that you can hopefully continue building on or put in your portfolio at the end of the session
What will you need to bring?
• A laptop (with sketch or photoshop - REQUIRED - grab the trials beforehand if you don't have them installed)
• Notepad / pencils / stationery etc
• Any other tools that you want to bring along to help with the creative process
• Water bottle
• Any snacks you specifically want to eat
Cost: $45 (includes workshop, some nibbles and drinks)
Head of Design, Appbot
Since graduating from Curtin University’s School of Design where he was also a lecturer in animation technologies, Corey became a Product Designer, creating his own startups after working at digital agencies and freelancing for brands such as Microsoft and Nokia.
Corey is currently the Head of Design at Appbot, a mobile app review sentiment and analysis tool used by some of the most exciting companies in the world such as Pinterest, Evernote and Disney.
Director, Bam Creative
Patima leads the team at Bam Creative (http://www.bam.com.au/), a Perth-based digital agency. She wears multiple hats as their studio manager, creative director, digital strategist, and design and user experience advocate.
During her spare time, Patima is a mentor and intrapreneur, and is very active in the web community as a co-organiser for Mixin Conf and the host of the Perth Web Industry meetup (Port80 Perth). Patima has a background in both code and design, having developed her portfolio from years of freelance web design work and as the lead designer and front-end developer during her initial years joining the Bam Creative team back in 2005.
She’s spearheaded numerous successful and award-winning digital projects for hundreds of Australian brands over the past decade and has been on the front-lines of an evolving digital landscape at Bam Creative, playing a key role in developing the agency’s direction.
More information on the format
Doors open, set up stations
Be seated and ready to go.
Overview of the design principles & examples
Part one of session
Part two of session: design activity
Discussion & Reflection. Show & Tell optional.
After partying. Naturally.