So you made a website. Now what? This course will teach you how to bring your website online.
Attend this course if you want to learn:
• How (and where) to purchase a domain
• How (and where) to purchasing hosting
• How to upload files to your hosting service
• How to connect your domain to your hosting service
• WHY the whole thing works!
In addition to learning how to get a website onto the internet, we'll also cover some basic high-level networking principals to teach you how the internet works. While we work through a real example, we'll compare some of the popular domain and hosting services to help you choose what's right for you, and become familiar with tools for SFTP.
• None! Just a willingness to learn. It might help if you've made a website before.
About your teacher: Hi! I'm Courtney, a software engineer who works in downtown Syracuse. I have a bachelor's degree in Computer Science from Clarkson University, and I'm currently working toward a master's degree in Computer Science at Drexel University. I do a lot of programming in C, C++, and Python, but web development holds a special place in my heart. When I'm not doing computer things, I enjoy working on my fantasy novel, hiking, and playing board games.