This course will cover:
Atheism: Past, Present and Future:
• The definition of atheism
• The history of atheism in Western and Islamic history.
• What is ilhad?
• Who were the dahriyya?
• How did our scholars respond to them?
• Statistics and academic analyses on the contemporary atheist movement.
The Absurdity of Life Without Allah.
• No hope: "Certainly no one despairs of Allah's Mercy, except the people who disbelieve." Qur'an 12:87
• No ultimate value: “And in the Hereafter is severe punishment and forgiveness from Allah and approval. And what is the worldly life except the enjoyment of delusion?” Qur’an, 57:20
• No ultimate purpose: “God did not create all these without a true purpose; He explains His signs to those who understand.” Qur’an 10:5
• No ultimate meaning: “Then is one who was a believer like one who was defiantly disobedient?
They are not equal.” Qur’an 32:18
• Explains Nothing! "Or did they create the heavens and the earth? Nay, but they have no firm Belief." Qur'an 52:36
• No true happiness: “And whoever turns away from My remembrance - indeed, he will have a depressed life, and We will gather him on the Day of Resurrection blind.” Qur’an 20:124
For more check the facebook link below:
Hamza Andreas Tzortzis is an international public speaker on Islam, a writer, lecturer, instructor and researcher. He is particularly interested in Islam, politics, western and Islamic thought and philosophy.
Price: C$87.00 Enroll here
Date: 7 - 8 January 2017
Time: 8:30am to 7:00pm
Location: Toronto - Canada... Venue to be confirmed