addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

TCM Classic Movie Fan Club - LOS ANGELES Message Board › Fyi--JONO unexpectedly needs to leave on a BUSINESS TRIP 9/24-10/4/12

Fyi--JONO unexpectedly needs to leave on a BUSINESS TRIP 9/24-10/4/12

Jono
JonoBear
Group Organizer
Los Angeles, CA
Unfortunately I have just learned that due to my work travel schedule I will need to miss ALL of the exciting and upcoming extremely rare CINERAMA FILM FESTIVAL screenings and will also need to miss the Oct. 2 kickoff of the Motion Picture Academy's Classic Horror Film Series with DRACULA & BRIDE OF FRANKENSTEIN.  One good thing is that I have extra tickets to a number of these Universal horror nights (which I believe had already sold out) that I will  be glad to sell at face value and also have one festival pass to admit one person to the kickoff 10/2 DRACULA/BRIDE OF FRANKENSTEIN event and the part of the series that is going to take place during my absence) which I am willing to loan another member to use during the above time period for only $10 (it cost me $20, but I would like to still use the remainder of that pass and attend the 3 remaining nights on 10/9, 10/16 & 10/23.

Sadly, I will also miss the newly restored CARNIVAL OF SOULS on 9/29 which no one has seen a good print of in literally decades and which I most highly recommend. I also have some extra tickets to that screening.

In addition, I also have passes for the Chaplin LIMELIGHT Academy screening on 10/3.

I will be traveling to the deep South (Birmingham, Alabama and Jackson, Mississippi) which I often do as part of my career on a cycle of every 6-8 weeks. Lately, I had dodged the job travel bullet which has enabled me to participate in our Group on a more continuous basis. But after this nearly 2 week-long trip my work travel schedule should slow down again for a while.

Please let me know ASAP if you need tickets to any of the above mentioned events so I can either e-mail to you the "print at home" PDF files or hand deliver them to you THIS COMING WEEKEND before I leave next Monday morning 9/4 for my trip.

Even though I will not be attending a number of our upcoming scheduled events, I encourage all of you to please still go and enjoy the wonderful movies and try to look for other members who attend (whose photos are always listed in the individual RSVP section for each or our listed events). You can also use the Meetup smart phone app "check in" feature to announce your event presence to others who RSVP'd for the same screening event. 

You may reach me at any time via my personal e-mail address of jon90027@pacbell.net­ or work cell number which many of  you already have.

Thanks for carrying the classic movie torch in  my absence and for your much appreciated understanding!

Sincerely,

JONO

TCM Classic Movie Fan Club of Los Angeles