Be aware that the mileage, duration, and venue will change as the season progresses. This week however, our ride is planned thus:
Group Training Ride - All levels, no drop (see Remarks below).
Time - Be at the start and ready to roll at the advertised time.
Distance - 30-ish miles.
Pace - Aiming to hold a 12mph average, or better. While your rolling speed will vary with fitness, ability, and terrain it'll generally be above your average (such is the nature of averages).
Duration - Roughly 3 hours, including route orientation.
TnT NW 30 • Wring Around Wauconda • Lakewood. Cue-sheet available at the links below.
Rest Stops - See Map and Cue sheet links.
• Self support - We're On Our Own. Bring what you need for nutrition, hydration, mechanicals, and punctures.
• No drop - Though gaps may open up, we'll not outright drop anyone. We'll keep visual contact as much as possible.
• Pace groups - By consensus and based upon fitness, and ability. With enough ride leaders and riders, splitting into multiple pace groups is possible.
• Foul weather cancellation - The ride leader monitors the weather, and may cancel the ride in the event of foul weather. The call will be made morning of, and will be announced here.
• Safety - Helmets are required.
• Personal responsibility - Ride at your own risk.
• Self-awareness - Know your your abilities, and limitations. Keep your effort within these parameters.
• The Tao of Cycling (https://www.meetup.com/Lake-County-Cycling-Collective/pages/21983176/The_Tao_of_Cycling/)
Wring Around Wauconda 30 GPS (https://ridewithgps.com/routes/29382893)