Some of the scariest code to test can sometimes be your database dependency. Rather than let that stop you, let’s walk through some powerful ways to fake your database dependency to quickly and efficiently test code next to it.
We will as a group:
* Implement what is shown
* Provide reasonings about the strategy of using fakes
* Explain the in’s and out’s of one fake library https://github.com/jhgoodwin/FakeDbProvider
* Provide discrete examples of how fakes can be leveraged in automated testing.
Prerequisites to upgrade from listener to workshop participant:
* Laptop with latest .NET Core SDK available installed: https://dotnet.microsoft.com/download
* An editor, such as Visual Studio Code, Rider, or Visual Studio 2017/2019
* Working WIFI - room will have guest internet available.
Food: Will be provided, likely will be Subway
Speaker: John Goodwin
John Goodwin is a Principal Software Engineer at Metabolon. Metabolon tests and analyzes metabolites to create new insights into health and science.