What we're about
Welcome! Our friendly but competitive table tennis club has been running successfully for many years. We meet every Tuesday evening from 7.30 - 10.30pm. We get players of all ages, both male and female, at intermediate, good and club level . We have 12 good quality tables, and play both doubles and singles. Come once and you'll come back regularly.
PLEASE DON'T WORRY ABOUT THE NUMBER OF RSVP's ON MEETUP - many of our players aren't on Meetup but turn up regularly every week so you're bound to get good games with players at your level. We get 30+ players every week.
PLEASE NOTE THAT YOU'LL NEED TO PLAY TO A DECENT LEVEL AS WE DO NOT HAVE COACHING FACILITIES.
It costs £6 per session. For that you get:
• Up to 3 hours of table tennis.
• 12 good quality tables to play on, with singles or doubles according to the numbers of players attending.
• No joining fee & no membership fee – just pay when you play.
• Free off street parking.
• Table tennis balls provided (please return at end of play).
• Free tea and biscuits at half time. Plus the opportunity to chat and socialise with the other players.
The fees we charge are used to book the hall, maintain / upgrade our table tennis tables when required, repair or replace nets and provide good quality balls.
IMPORTANT: Please bring your own bat and wear trainers with non-marking soles. You will not be allowed to play if you wear inappropriate footwear.
We don't have facilities for beginners (or people new to the game). The standard of play is too high for newbies and we are unable to offer coaching and/or a separate table for learners. However, if you are an intermediate level / good player or a returning player (ie. someone who used to play at a good standard before) you will be very welcome and will thoroughly enjoy it.
We look forward to seeing you.
CLUB RULES (v1. 01-17)
These rules are to ensure that all our members have a great time, every time. If you feel these rules are not fair, please feel free to talk to any of our club organisers – Pete, Paul or Rob.
• Everyone attending club nights on Tuesdays must put their name in the attendance book. This is important so we can do a proper headcount in the (unlikely) event of a fire or other emergency evacuation. It is for your benefit and safety.
• Please ensure you pay the attendance fee when you arrive. This allows us to hire the hall, buy new balls, repair/replace nets and repair or buy new tables when needed.
• Make sure you wear trainers with non-marking soles. Those who arrive wearing shoes, slippers, boots or other inappropriate footwear will not be allowed to play.
• Please respect your fellow players and treat others the way you would like to be treated yourself:
• If you are playing singles and see others standing / sitting at the side waiting to play, please invite them to join you.
• Please don't hog tables. Try and move around and get a game on other tables. In any case, it is more interesting if you get a variety of games with a number of different players throughout the evening.
• Please be considerate and play with players who may not be as good as you. That also works in your favour as you too, get to play with (and learn from) players who might be better than you.
• Please feel free to help yourself to tea and biscuits at 9pm. Make sure you clean up any spillages and try not to leave the kitchen in a mess.
• Play finishes promptly at 10.30pm. Those who keep playing beyond then stop others from clearing tables away and tidying up the hall.
• Please do your bit to help put tables and floor dividers away. If we all work together it makes the job of clearing away much easier.
• If the car park is full when you arrive and you park in front of another car, please keep an ear open in case someone calls out your number plate. You will need to stop playing to go and move your car.