5125 Harding Place, Nashville, TN
A $10 per participant donation is requested and greatly appreciated. At this shelter monies will pay for dog adoption fees for our November/December "A Home for the Holidays" giveback campaign. Each donation will allow you to pick you own special pup for sponsorship and a photo. We have set a goal of 100 dogs to help clear the kennels!
The ASPCA indicates that of the roughly 3.9 million dogs entering shelters per year approximately 31% are euthanized. In some urban areas these numbers run as high as 78%.
Be a part of reducing euthanasia rates by hiking with local homeless hounds! Socialization and exercise can reduce kennel related stress and anxiety and improve a shelter dog’s behavior, thus extending their lives!
Tails of the Trail invite you to hike with shelter dogs for a couple hours of exercise and companionship. We're partnering with Metro Animal Care & Control (MACC) and we'll hike the furry pups on the Mill Creek Greenway adjacent to the shelter. The Greenway features an easy, paved trail for a total of 2.25 miles.
Click here to see photos of available dogs to adopt:
Search by zip code, then Metro Animal Care & Control, then adoptable dogs.
8:00a– Arrive at MACC, check in, attend required orientation.
8:30a – Get paired with your furry hiking companion and hit the trail.
9:30a – Conclude hike for dog cool down and frozen pupsicle treats.
9:45a – Time for human socialization and treats.
10:00a - Conclude event and thanks for joining us!
What to bring:
• Dog treats
• Children 12 and up with a parent or guardian welcomed. Kids may not hold the leash.
• Optional donations: old shirts or old jeans to make enrichment toys for the dogs and cats, durable chew toys and peanut butter.
• No personal pets allowed.
• Read our Volunteer Orientation guide prior to arrival.
• Load the app, WoofTrax (aka Walk For a Dog) (Android, IOS), on your smart phone and select Metro Animal Care and Control as your sponsored shelter so they can earn financial donations from our event.
For your Safety (and the safety of the dogs):
• You must sign a waiver from MACC. Click here to open the PDF, print and fill out to bring with you to save time at sign-in. You only need to do this on your first visit.
• No dogs off leash at any time.
Thank you to our event sponsors:
Making a difference one event at a time...Tails of the Trail Cofounder/Director.
Hi, I am Dan and I like dogs and some people. Not many, but some.
Animal Loving, Environmentalist, Outdoor Enthusiast