The objectives for the 2-hour tutorial are:
• Get Plone Big Picture by Running Basic Site Management
• Get Things Done by Managing Plone Built-in Content Types and Workflow
• Extend Plone Functionality by Enabling Add-on Packages
• Start Plone Customization by Creating New Content Types
Better bring with a Linux laptop. At least get SSH client ready for your laptop, and we will prepare Linux box for you to login.
If you have no time installing Plone from scratch in advance, try create free Plone instance at http://ploud.com/
Basic Linux and Web knowledge is useful to this workshop. You are recommended reading online documents in advance, and here are some examples:
• How to Get Familiar (http://www.wikihow.com/Get-Familiar-With-Ubuntu-Commands) with Ubuntu Basic Commands (http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=275446)
• W3Schools (http://www.w3schools.com/)
Python knowledge is not required to start Plone, but definitely needed and of great help when moving on.
You can see the handout at https://docs.google.com/document/d/1qAoX21SJD65pl2nx-GG0NR0kRk94sWr2LbLJWjqn-NI/edit?usp=sharing
Fee: NT$ 180 (drink included)