addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

LA Taiwanese Language Group Message Board › Taiwanese Dictionaries Available (www.taiwanesedictionary.org) for download.

Taiwanese Dictionaries Available (www.taiwanesedictionary.org) for download.

David L C.
dlc_73
Irvine, CA
Post #: 4
I came across free Taiwanese dictionaries from www.taiwanesedictionary.org (Maryknoll). One is Taiwanese (POJ format) to Mandarin (traditional chinese with zhuyin bopomofo) to English meaning. One is English meaning to Amoy/Taiwanese (POJ format) to Mandarin (traditional chinese characters only). It does require some background and some knowledge of Taiwanese terms and caters to those literate in traditional chinese as well. But it is a start... This publication is dated 1976, but is great...and it's free! I know Berkeley and Harvard also have there Taiwanese classes...and I have seen Taiwanese language resources from Taiwan...but no communication between anyone...
Jane
user 12209126
San Diego, CA
Post #: 1
Cool I will check the website out. the only printed copy of Taiwanese were books that I have in my collections were books I brought from the bookstore in Taiwan.