Group, let's get out and hike the Marcos De Niza trail.
Let's head up the Marcos De Niza trail and we'll follow that until it dumps us out on Desert Classic. From there, we'll follow DC back to the parking lot. This should make a fun, 5 mile loop that isn't too hard. This trail has plenty of hill climbs to keep your heart pumping.
Bring a head lamp, plenty of water and snacks if you need them. Be on time, we start promptly.
Here are directions to the parking lot. Follow them to the letter.
1. Take I-10 to Elliot Rd, and go west
2. Take a right onto 48th St and drive about 1 mile
3. A couple of streets after Piedmont, the road will start to bend way to the right
4. THIS is where you'll want to turn left onto a small street (S 48th St), if you reach Guadalupe, you've gone too far!
5. Almost immediately, you'll reach Pima Canyon Rd (on the left), where you'll see a small guard shack.
6. Drive down Pima Canyon Rd to the end of the parking lot, we'll be at the north shelter.
Let's get out and hike!