For those who are not aware--the County is attempting to shut down this location, issuing citations for the "operation of a permaculture facility' in a residential zone. Therefore, until our court date on August 8th, I will be onsite for regular maintenance, and can use help whenever it appears. Each week on Thursday, we invite you to come by Casa Seranita--extra hands in the garden are always appreciated!
For those who can't make it during the day, we now have a new 'Gaia's Guardians North' group, which meets each first and third Thursday evening, so check it out!
I am inspired to create a conversation around these dates, especially concerning the subject of community--some beginning thoughts:
• What are our needs as individuals?
• What services or 'products' can we provide?
• What services or products do we prefer to have supplied by others?
• What does the community at large need? (Look at both the area permaculture community, and the surrounding 'mainstream' community.)
If you feel so moved, please bring your thoughts, post here in comments, or if you cannot make this date/time slot, please suggest another, so that we can schedule a community gathering!
DONATIONS of materials (or money--we won't turn that down, either) ARE ALWAYS WELCOME!
The current list of needed items for the garden is:
• kid-sized garden tools
• More gutters
• Veggie & legume starts
• fruit & nut trees
• berry bushes
• humacelium (that's humans who behave like mycelium, working underground through unseen networks to blossom suddenly into view)
• Human Resources:
• creating more garden beds
• finishing the rain catchment