This is the monthly meeting of Tampa Stoics! We meet on the Second Friday of each month.
We are now reading William Irvine's book "A Guide to the Good Life", which covers goal-setting in life, negative visualization, overcoming grief and anger, building mental toughness, and many other Stoic practices. The book has 22 chapters, and we'll cover a few chapters each month.
In general, Stoicism teaches us how to handle difficult people and events, how to avoid anger and worry, and overall to use moderation in all aspects of our lives. We will discuss how Stoic practice can lead to a meaningful and fulfilling life.
This month, we will review chapters 18 & 19, a discussion of how to become a Stoic. I'll prepare an outline of discussion points, so you don't have to buy / read the book.
If you'd like to order the book, it's available on Amazon (https://www.amazon.com/dp/0195374614)($3 for Kindle, $15 hard cover).
Our venue is Panera Bread, 504 Brandon Town Center Drive, Brandon FL 33511. Parking is free.
- Take I-75 to highway 60 and go east,
- Turn right on Brandon Town Center Drive,
- Stay to the right and go around the mall,
- Park in the lot near Cheesecake Factory,
- Walk past Cheesecake Factory towards the mall entrance,
- You'll see Panera Bread on the right,
- Look for us at the large table in the main room.
If you are a newcomer, arrive a few minutes early for an introduction to Stoicism.