Tampa Bay Moves is for upbeat 50+ people who enjoy getting outside by the water and having fun in the Tampa Bay Area. The events are focused on walking, casual trail biking, kayaking, swimming, tubing or other outdoor activity like local festivals, craft breweries, Riverwalk events, dinner, picnics, exhibits, art shows, wine tastings, special events, open markets, etc. followed by a gathering at a nearby restaurant, microbrewery or tiki bar to allow everyone a chance to get to know each other better - its always more fun when you make friends!
Everyone is nervous about attending their first event with a group. Most events are 3 - 8 people so it’s easy to get to know each other. Don't let a few butterflies hold you back from having fun and making new friends! No pressure, just a good time!
Events are held all over the Bay Area so we can explore our unique home made up of so many fun communities with their own culture, history, festivals and personalities! Tampa, St. Pete, Clearwater, Safety Harbor, Tarpon Springs, Palm Harbor, Lutz, Oldsmar, Gulfport, Dunedin, Wesley Chapel, Largo, Indian Rocks, Indian Shores, Madeira, St. Petersburg, Pinellas, Hillsborough, Treasure Island, Land O’Lakes, Tierra Verde and other local gems.
Joining constitutes acceptance of the LEGAL DISCLAIMER AND LIABILITY POLICY stated below, any updates to the policy as well as agreement to the groups' No Smoking at events policy.
Come out and have fun!
To Join: - Upload at least 1 recognizable face shot photo of yourself to your profile - used only to find you at events.
- Load the Meet Up app on your phone as last minute changes will be posted there and it's how we find each other in a crowd.
Keep your RSVP up to date. If you No Show you may be removed at any time from the group.
No Soliciting - Our group does not welcome soliciting of any nature. Do not solicit/market for personal, or business reasons or you will be removed from the group.
No smoking at events.
LEGAL DISCLAIMER AND LIABILITY POLICY:
By joining this group, RSVPing to events, and attending events, you are confirming that you have read, understand, accept and are legally bound by the following:
1. Tampa Bay Moves! is a meetup group. Attending events or trips is voluntary by you as a member. Participation in any activity with us by you is at your own risk. You assume the risk for any guest you bring, adult or minor.
2. By joining Tampa Bay Moves! as a member you agree to indemnify and hold harmless Tampa Bay Moves!, its organizers, co-organizers, assistant organizers, event hosts, other members and guests from all claims or liability of every type (including court costs and legal fees) for injury or death to any person or for damage to property, loss of personal property or any other wrongful act arising out of or relating to your participation as a member. This agreement applies to you and to other persons who may accompany you in these endeavors, adult or minor.
3. You also agree to hold the organizers as well as other group members harmless. By participating voluntarily in the group, you expressly waive any and all such claims against each and every other member and their guests in the group, including without limitation any and all claims against the group organizers, co-organizers, assistant organizers, and event hosts.
5. Any social events or trips that Tampa Bay Moves! sponsors, holds or provides information about will fall also under the same Disclaimer and Liability guidelines listed above.