In the trenches of this discussion will be 7 leaders in mobile:
Dion Almaer (Moderator) - VP of Mobile Architecture, @WalmartLabs
Andre Charland - Co-Creator of PhoneGap
Abe Elias - Founder & CTO, Sencha
Ben Galbraith (Moderator)- VP of Mobile Engineering, @WalmartLabs
Jeff Haynie - Founder & CEO, Appcelerator
David Kaneda - Designer in Residence, Benchmark Capital
Kevin Hurst- VP of Product Management, eBay Mobile
6:37 PM for Food by Cafe Pomegranate and Craft Beer tasting
7:22 PM for Future of Mobile Strategy On-Stage Discussion
8:01 PM for Your Questions and Their Answers
Some questions we'll cover - POST YOURS TO THE WALL TO INCLUDE IT IN THE DISCUSSION:
1. How radically is user behavior on mobile devices expected to change over the next few years, and how can app developers get ahead of the trends? *stats below*
2. What are the challenges and opportunities of developing both Web and native apps, and what can we expect will change over the next year?
3. What are the benefits of tailoring a mobile app to a specific operating system, both for developers and end-users?
4. What about the "hybrid" approach of creating an HTML5 Web app and then wrapping it for different native environments? Is it beneficial for developers to move toward this middle ground, or focus on one end of the spectrum?
*Mobile Usage Stats from Black Friday*:
- Black Friday sales on mobile devices accounted for 16.3% of all online sales
- PayPal saw a 193% increase in mobile payments on Black Friday over 2011
As always, we will be serving up delicious local food (by Cafe Pomegranate!) and succulent craft beer for you all to enjoy as you talk mobile before the on-stage discussion.
Public Transit Info: PayPal Town Hall is directly across the street from the Karina Station of VTA/Light Rail in San Jose, CA.
Please RSVP for you and your guests to make check-in speedy.
Please also bring a valid ID.