Innovation in the Park presented by AT&T (http://att.com) is a dynamic afternoon summer event that brings science and technology issues to life in front of a broader general audience in an outdoor setting. #ITP
Come out to hear engaging talks by community and business leaders. Get inspired while enjoying the weather, some snacks and engaging with other members of the community.
Hear presentations on:
• One of the country's first drone advertising companies is based in Philly and to end its first national promotional tour, GauravJit (Raj) Singh, the CEO and Founder of DroneCast, Inc will talk about the technology and demonstrate these flying tools.
• How a running lizard helps makes seniors safer and robots better (and more biology) from Temple University evolutionary morphology Professor Tonia Hsieh
• Kimberlee Sue Moran, of the Center for Forensic Science Research & Education, will create blood splatter, and we can look at the resulting mess and I'll talk about how a CSI would analyze it.
• How artist Sam Cusumano is creating music from apples (http://technical.ly/philly/2014/05/12/sam-cusumano/) and plants
An explosive demo from Jayatri Das of the Franklin Institute on the impact of science on society.
• Moderated by emcee tag-team Juliana Reyes of Technical.ly and Adam Teterus of Indy Hall
BYO Blanket or lawn chair! Bring a couple bucks so you can enjoy a refreshing artisan fruit pop by Whimsicle (http://mywhimsicle.com/), a gourmet cookie from Calling Card Confections (https://www.callingcardconfections.com/), eats from Poi Dog (http://poidogphilly.com/) and free drinks from Vita Coco (http://vitacoco.com/)! You'll also hear smooth jams from Universal Cave (https://www.facebook.com/universalcave).
Before the event:
A group of folks from the T3 meeting at ExCITe will caravan over together. T3 is the monthly convening of the ExCITe Center is every Third Thursday at Three (T3) and is a chance for participants to hear from and chat with a diversity of folks on work being done across Philadelphia and Drexel University that’s open to all.
After the event:
Want to continue the fun? Afterward, mosey on over to the monthly Urban Geek Drinks (http://tinyletter.com/urbangeekdrinks/), happening at Frankford Hall from 6-9pm.
Check out the event on N3rd St's Meetup as well (http://www.meetup.com/N3rd-Street/events/184374222/). N3rd Street is a community of civic leaders, organizations, and companies in the North 3rd Street corridor who believe in collaborating to make a difference.
RAIN DATE IS JULY 24!
This event is organized by Technical.ly Philly, presented by AT&T and included as part of the N3rd St Events series.
Innovation in the Park is presented by AT&T (http://att.com/) and sponsored by Philadelphia Gas Works (http://www.pgworks.com/)!