IMPORTANT: We have postponed the hackathon to the weekend of 8-10 november
After the astrohack & music hackathon, it's time for our third hackathon :-)! This time, you will be able to make your own reinforcement learning agent that can play airhockey/pong!
Reinforcement learning agents that can beat human players in games have been in the news a lot of times. Wouldn't it be great if you could make one yourself? This hackathon is all about that :-)!
No need to be an airhockey champion or RL expert. We will start the hackathon by explaining the context & will also provide you with code for a minimal RL agent that is able to play the airhockey game. If you want to get some basics about reinforcement learning, certainly checkout these talks:
and relevant blogpost:
You are welcome the weekend of November 9 at DigitYser. The hackathon ends on Sunday. The winner will be the group that can create the RL that is able to beat all the other agents.
- Friday 08/[masked]: opening hackathon and forming teams
- Friday 08/[masked]: explanation of problem and walkthrough to the sample code
- Friday 08/[masked]: official start hackathon
- Sunday 10/[masked]: end of hackathon
- Sunday 10/[masked]: ranking of the teams & live combat between the finalists to determine the winner
- Sunday 10/[masked]: end of award ceremony
FINAL Registration be required via a link on eventbrite, link will be shared soon! We will provide food, so we ask for a minimal contribution to cover our costs.