Hello, fellow Texpats!
While these are definitely not my favorite emails to write, they are necessary from time to time. Unfortunately, tornado season is kinda that time.
While I wish we could hold amazing fundraisers with awesome partners for all our Texas and Oklahoma friends in need, we unfortunately just don’t have that ability.
However, we can still help out.
Below are a few resources you can use to make donations and help the tornado victims in Texas and in Oklahoma. We have at least one NYC Texpat who hails from Granbury, and I’m pleased to report that her family and friends are safe and well after the Hood County tornado on May 15.How to Help Tornado Victims in Texas:
How to Help Tornado Victims in Oklahoma:
- Anyone needing information about loved ones can call 682-498-8010
- People wishing to donate money, supplies, and other emergency items can call Mission Granbury at 817-579-6866.
- Bealls' parent company, Stage Stores Inc., will match up to $5,000 in donations to be sent to the victims in Granbury and Cleburne. To make a donation of money or items to recent tornado victims, call Amy Clark at (940) 521-9372.
- Donations may be made here for the Salvation Army Relief Efforts.
- To donate to the American Red Cross, text ‘red cross’ to 90999 to make a $10 donation.
- To donate to the Humane Society of North Texas, visit http://hsnt.org/donate.php
- Donations can be made to the Salvation Army by texting the word “STORM” to 80888 to make a $10 donation through a mobile phone. You can also send checks designated to Oklahoma Tornado Relief to: The Salvation Army, P.O. Box 1260, Oklahoma City, OK 73157
- Donations can be made by going online to http://www.hearttoheart.org, by calling 866-341-GIVE (866-341-4483), or texting the word “HEART” to 27722 to make a $10 donation through a mobile phone.
- Donate online to www.convoyofhope.org. To place a $10 donation on your cellular bill, text the word “CONVOY” to 50555.
- A local organization, the Oklahoma City Tornado Recovery Fund and Community Emergency Fund, is also accepting donations and will donate 100% of the money it receives to those affected by the storm. Those donations can be sent to the Oklahoma City Community Foundation, P.O. Box 1146, Oklahoma City, OK 73101-1146, or can be made at www.occf.org/tornadorecoveryfund
- The United Way of Central Oklahoma has established the OK Strong Disaster Relief Fund. Donations can be made online at UnitedWayOKC.org or by phone at 1-405-236-8441
- The Oklahoma Baptist Disaster Relief says donations will "go straight to help those in need providing tree removal services, laundry services and meals to victims of disasters." To donate, visit Oklahoma Baptist Disaster Relief's website. You can send checks to: BGCO, Attn: Disaster Relief, 3800 N. May Ave., Oklahoma City, OK, 73112
- To donate to the Central Oklahoma Humane Society visit their website and designate your donation for the "OK Humane Disaster Relief Fund." You may also call 1-405-607-8991
- Feed the Children has set up five locations in Oklahoma City to accept donations to help victims of the Moore tornado. You can donate online here, or make a $10 donation by texting the word DISASTER to 80888.
Several other donation methods for Oklahoma can be found at this NBC News website
Please feel free to reply to this email and help spread the word if you know of any other local donation methods. As always, please let me know if the Texpats can help with any other information or assistance.
Stay dry out there and enjoy your Memorial Day!