This group is designed for the fostering of friendships among gay men in their 30's and 40's in San Luis Obispo (SLO) County through various social events. It is open to the larger LGBTQA community of SLO, and our friends and allies of any gender, age, or orientation. We encourage community through shared interests and shared experiences. So despite being a "SLO Gay" group, our sexuality is not the focus. Rather we just want that out of the way, to create safe space so we can all just enjoy the many wonderful attributes of SLO. Events will include, but not limited to: beer & wine tasting, hiking, game nights, movie nights, theater performances, coffee & brunch, beach days, and any other such activities that bring us together.
Time to share your cooking skills, your culture, and your family recipes. It's potluck time. Everyone is invited to make a dish that represents their culture or family heritage. Sorry, no pre-bought, pre-made items are invited to this event. We want to see what you got that will make our mouths water.
One of our members has arranged for us to utilize the community clubhouse in his home community for this event, right in central San Luis Obispo, near Trader Joes and Kennedy Fitness Club. There is a large kitchen with two stoves and ovens for those last minute warm-ups of dishes, as well as a refrigerator and ample space for last minute preparations.
The club house features plenty of dining space, plus game tables, darts, pool table and ping pong. Feel free to bring your favorite board game as well.
Each attendee is responsible to bring...
1. Favorite international dish or one that represents their culture. Home-made please. Once you know what you are bringing, please list it in the comments for this event. Make sure you bring serving utensils for your dish.
2. Bring your own beverage of choice. Alcoholic beverages are permitted, but they can only be consumed in the club house, not outside around the pool area. Pool area is not available for this event.
3. A game of choice (optional)
4. A fun attitude (not optional)
5. Bring friends as well. The more the merrier. If you have a spouse, one dish per couple is cool. Or if you want to each bring a dish that is also cool.
Directions to the location of the event will be sent out, 48 hours in advance of the event, only to those that RSVP for the event. We have plenty of space and we want as many people to participate as possible, but since this is a private community that we will be guests at, we are trying to be respectful of giving out the location only to those that plan to attend.
One final note - Everyone will be asked to help clean up the space at the end of the event.
Look forward to having you show off your heritage, appetite, and game playing skills.