Avatar

Currently no organizer

Share:

What we're about

If you live your life super "good/clean/organic/active/productive" 80% of the time, but binge watch sports highlights/grey's anatomy/documentaries, etc ,while eating pizza/twinkies/tacos (washing it down, of course, with organic craft beer/wine/distilled-mineral-infused water), the other 20 %, then you may have found your tribe here, my friend... Wanna walk the trail for 60 and find somewhere to chill and talk about your latest DIY health success/failures? Right here...Wanna powerlift 3x your body weight for 2 hours (i don't even know what that means), go cliff diving, and drop $100 on dinner? Wrong group ... Wanna experience how smart/clever/nerdy/helpful and fun the other group members are over (moderately priced) apps n adult beverages (coffee counts!) after a (moderately challenging) hike in southern NH/northern MA? You've arrived ...

This group is open to sharing personal stories and knowledge about health journeys, finding fun (healthy) activities and socializing with other 80/20's... We'll talk about subjects like Functional and Ancestral medicine and nutrition, "DIY" health/esthetics, gut health/biome (pro-biotics), how hormones "rule the world", the state of global health today, etc, as well as whatever subject matter YOU bring to the group - yay! Also, we will keep an eye out for related health topics at the free lectures hosted by the Museum of Science in Cambridge, and organize group outings - fun! Are you more like a 30/70 but are 80/20 curious? Come around and check it out - we don't bite! This group is open to any and all adults over the age of 18 - race/color/creed/orientation/dietary specifications/shoe size/political standing/fluoride, no fluoride/MAC or PC...This is a diverse group...

We aim to book events every 4-6 weeks, and your recommendations are welcome ! Lively debates are fun and encouraged (and sometimes "salty" language is used to emphasis a point), however, disrespecting other group members will not be tolerated and you will be asked to leave.

Disclaimers:

1) Definitely bring your business cards, but selling/pitching goods/services for the first 6 months is strictly prohibited (i get it/i live it, but let's get to know each other in the spirit of the group first).

2) The topics of conversation extend to all matters related to health, including hormone, reproductive and sexual function (yup. We're going there...).

3) The medical information you hear in these group gatherings is for conversation and, perhaps, information resource only, and is not to be used or relied on for any diagnostic or treatment purposes. These conversations should not be used as a substitute for professional diagnosis and treatment.

Please consult your health care provider before making any healthcare decisions or for guidance about a specific medical condition. This group and it's moderator expressly disclaims responsibility, and shall have no liability for any damages, loss, injury, whatsoever, suffered as a result of your reliance on the information gathered from conversations or the activities you choose to participate in. The 80/20 Club does not endorse specifically any test, treatment, or procedure mentioned in conversation during these events/gatherings.

4) The 80/20 Club 110% endorses bringing your sense of humor to each and every gathering (cuz, like, why wouldn't you?) ...