A COMMUNICATION PRACTICE GROUP FOR SUCCESSFUL RELATIONSHIPS WITH LOVED ONES, FAMILY, FRIENDS AND COWORKERS…
We gather weekly to study and practice the skills of authentic communication. We learn to express ourselves fully without sounding aggressive towards our listeners. We also learn to listen to others without becoming defensive or shutting down, even when faced with criticism and anger. When we show patience and understanding we are often able to transform conflict into connection, anger into compassion, hostility into cooperation.
To know if this group is a good fit for you we recommend that you read this book. For more information please visit here ( http://www.cnvc.org ).
Please note: we are a practice group and the group is not intended for therapy.
A sampling of our NVC goals, activities and practice sessions are:
1. An Experiential Learning of Compassionate Communication (Through Individual Sharing of our Feeling, Needs, Requests, Training Videos, Role Plays, Processes, Games, etc.)
2. Exploring our Awareness of Feelings and Needs that Manifest Desirable and Undesired Behaviors
3. Identifying Blocks to Compassionate Relationships (Examples: Blaming, Shaming, Judging, Analyzing, Educating Without Permission, Interpreting, Labeling, Intellectualizing, Psycho Babbling etc.)
4. Practicing Compassionate Listening and Responding
5. Taming our Inner Critic with Self-Empathy
Our Member Agreements: Practice NVC Skills, Attend Weekly Meetings, Read “Nonviolent Communication-A Language Of Life” By Marshall Rosenberg.
Meeting day/time: We meet every Monday evening from 6:30 PM - 8:45 PM. You are welcome to visit and try it for 2 meetings and determine if it meets your needs. However, we are not a "Drop In" group. For group continuity we ask that you commit to coming on a regular basis.
Note: group attendance is not reflected by the number of RSVPs on meetup.com. This is currently an active group with 6-8 members in attendance.
Costs: Membership is FREE except for minor cost of $1.00 that goes toward meetup fees & supplies.
Location: Cardiff-By-The-Sea Cardiff Cove Home
Contact: Charles At (760) 436-8675 or E mail email@example.com