What we're about
This group is a group for artists wishing to work through The Artist's Way by Julia Cameron. The type of artist is irrelevant - artists of all types are welcome, as well as anyone interested in the art of creative living. This is not a book study per se, nor is it a writing workshop, but a supportive tribe of fellow artists working through the process of becoming unblocked, discovering and recovering our creative powers. We support each other in our art, encourage each other in working the exercises, hold each other accountable for completing our morning pages (http://juliacameronlive.com/basic-tools/morning-pages/), and share ideas for artist's dates (http://juliacameronlive.com/basic-tools/artists-dates/). We are a work in progress.
RULES OF THE ROAD
1. Show up at every page. Use the page to rest, to dream, to try.
2. Fill the well by caring for my artist.
3. Set small and gentle goals and meet them.
4. Pray for guidance, courage, and humility.
5. Remember that it is far harder and more painful to be a blocked artist than it is to do the work.
6. Be alert, always, for the presence of the Great Creator leading and helping my artist.
7. Choose companions who encourage me to do the work, not just talk about doing the work or why I am not doing the work.
8. Remember that the Great Creator loves creativity.
9. Remember that it is my job to do the work, not judge the work.
10. Place this sign in my workplace: Great Creator, I will take care of the quantity. You take care of the quality."