4475 Vineland Ave, Toluca Lake, CA
This Hatha Basics class emphasizes specific yoga poses that a beginner to advanced student can do to help lift their mood and sustain a positive outlook on life. Emotional resilience refers to one’s ability to adapt to stressful situations or crises. This practice provides a pathway for students to move into a balanced emotional, mental, and physical state of equanimity and self-awareness. The class utilizes hatha yoga postures, qi gong practices, breathwork, meditation techniques, and yoga nidra to release the places in the mind and body where tension, depression, anxiety, grief and trauma are stored.
Everyone is welcome!!!
10 Week Class
1. September 18th - What is Emotional Resilience
2. September 25th - The 9 Rasas and Rasa Sadhana
3. October 2nd - The Chakra System and the Emotional Body
4. October 9th - The 5 Elements, The Traditional Chinese Medicine Approach to the Emotions
5. October 16th - Transforming Sadness/Depression into Courage, Right Action and Letting Go
NO CLASS OCTOBER 23rd
6. October 30th - Transforming Fear and Nervousness into Gentleness, Calmness, Willpower and Wisdom
7. November 6th - Transforming Anger, Jealousy, Frustration into Kindness and Genorousity
NO CLASS NOVEMBER 13th
8. November 20th - Transforming Arrogance, Impatience, Hate and Mania into Joy, Trust, Love, Gratittude and Compassion
BONUS CLASS NOVEMBER 27th - The Yoga of Feelings
9. December 4th - Transforming Worry, Anxiety, Shame, Guilt and Self-Pity into Fairness, Openness, Stability and Intention
10. December 11th - Balancing the Emotions: Finding Peacefulness, Relaxation and Deep Sleep
About Your Guide:
Nya Patrinos is a Yoga and Meditation Teacher, Creativity Coach, and Set Decorator working in the Motion Picture Industry for 20 years. Nya is certified in Yoga Nidra, Functional Yoga Therapy, Kids Yoga, Yin Yoga, Restorative Yoga, Therapeutic Vinyasa, and Yoga for Cancer and Heart Disease.
Refunds are not offered for this Meetup.