addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The Atlanta German Language Meetup Group Message Board › Always wanted to host a German exchange student? Here's your chance!

Always wanted to host a German exchange student? Here's your chance!

A former member
Hi everyone,
If you can see yourself hosting an outstanding high school scholar from Germany, here's your chance:
Woodward Academy is seeking a supportive host family for a 10th-grade male ASSIST scholar from Germany, beginning in August 2013.

• ASSIST has been placing outstanding international students at excellent American independent secondary schools for 44 years. It is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization recognized by the U.S. Department of State as an authorized Exchange Visitor Program. You can find more information at www.assist-inc.org.
  • Woodward Academy is metro Atlanta's long-proven college preparatory school. You can be sure that your student will receive a tremendous academic and extra-curricular experience. More info at www.woodward.edu.
  • As the German instructor at Woodward Academy, I will be your partner in caring for your student. I will check in with you at least monthly and will keep in touch with your student at school.
  • Living with a host family is usually the single most meaningful element in a student's exchange experience. This is a chance to form a lasting relationship and participate in all of the cross-cultural learning that a quality exchange program offers. My own experience in Germany is one of thousands of such testimonies. I'm sure many of you can corroborate.

Interested, or know someone who might be? Email me at benshivers@gmail.com or call me at 404-493-7151.

Yours,
Ben