addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The Austin Doctor Who Meetup Message Board › Classic Doctor Who - Saturday Dec 3rd 7:00

Classic Doctor Who - Saturday Dec 3rd 7:00

mary jane k.
m_kelbell
Austin, TX
Post #: 42
I you'd like to come to watch "The Talons of Weng Chang", but didn't RSVP, you are still welcome.

Room for 5 more guests.

See the meetup schedule for location and more information.

-- maryjane
mary jane k.
m_kelbell
Austin, TX
Post #: 43
Enjoyed meeting!! Thanks to everyone who came. Will try to schedule another classic Dr Who meeting in Feb.

However == Don't we have more than 3 fans of the classic (original) show in our group? (I know Dec. is not the best month for meetings) If you wanted to come, but couldn't please let me know if there is a problem with location, scheduling, number of seats, etc.

Thanks,
maryjane
Kyle
user 10105518
Austin, TX
Post #: 10
Hey Mary Jane, I'd be interested in seeing future showings. I couldn't make this past Saturday because of a scheduling conflict (Saturday was also the Thank God It's Over party for National Novel Writing Month). However, you live in S. Austin and I live in Pflugerville, so I also often have a hard time convincing myself to drive all the way across town to watch an old Dr. Who episode (haha, funny; when I first typed that sentence, I mistyped "town" as "time").

-Kyle
Lloyd E.
LloydEwing
Austin, TX
Post #: 14
Mary Jane,
I agree with Kyle. I live north and I don't always have the motivation to drive all the way across town for an event. I did write your party on my calender with the intent of going, but when the day actually arrived I didn't get there. I didn't want to RSVP until I was not 100% sure I would be going because I thought that there was a good chance you would have a full house.

Lloyd
A former member
Post #: 58
Regarding RSVP: It's a necessary part of planning an event. My suggestion is to keep the RSVP window open until two hours before the event is to start. This gives both parties ample time to gauge how the day is going to go. Ending the RSVP days before does no one any favors.

Regarding meet ups at great distances: There's absolutely no conflict with having multiple viewings/events on the same day at the same time in different areas, for member convenience. Having a north meetup, a central meetup and a south meetup concurrently is not a deal breaker.

Regarding Classic Dr. Who: While those of us waiting for new Who wait, why not try arranging the viewing of all the old episodes, in order? Starting in January, so those who haven't seen them can do so?