addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The Austin Doctor Who Meetup Message Board › Pub meetup?

Pub meetup?

Shellie
user 9710970
Austin, TX
Post #: 3
Is anyone interested in meeting up at Dog & Duck for either Pint Night Tuesday or (in honor of our beloved show) UK Wednesdays? Or we could scrap the theme altogether and meet up on a weekend. I thought it would be a good opportunity to hang out, theorize on what's causing the cracks in the universe and share our opinions on the new series.

I was thinking of putting something together for the first week/weekend after Memorial Day. If you are interested, what works better: a weeknight or a weekend?
Paul Scott T.
WHOvian1969
Austin, TX
Post #: 15
Definitely an interesting thought. Just not sure everyone is up for alcoholic beverages. As for either a weeknight or weekend, just have to see how people's schedules mesh. I prefer Sunday evenings as I don't work on Mondays, but that obviously isn't everyones schedule. I look forward to seeing what others have to say. I have been to the Dog & Duck before, nice place but parking is limited. The Pourhouse Pub on Burnet has better parking and might be better for people that live in North Austin. Not sure what kind of menu they have, but I will find out Monday. Lunch anyone??
Holly S.
HollyCSwift
Austin, TX
Post #: 8
I think the Dog and Duck would be a great place to meet because it's central. (I live in South Austin and while I've been trekking to north Austin for meetups, I would love not to have to go all the way to north Austin). BTW, for people who are not into alcoholic beverages, the Dog and Duck offers many food choices and drinks such as soda and iced tea. The Austin Fan Force (Star Wars) meets on a Saturday afternoon once a month.
A former member
Post #: 18
Always up for the pub. :-)
Shellie
user 9710970
Austin, TX
Post #: 5
So. What about the evening of Saturday the 12th? I don't want it to interfere with Jewel's watch parties, but from the pattern it looks like the date will be open.

Also, ditto what Holly said about Dog & Duck. My husband doesn't drink, but will go for the atmosphere, the company and the food (mm... fish and chips). If it's a pleasant evening, the patio is a really nice place to sit and people watch.
Shellie
user 9710970
Austin, TX
Post #: 6
Also, can we get this sent out as an official meetup thing? I think it would be great if we could get some of the new (and long-time) members who haven't been watching the boards or who might not want to go to a private home for a meetup.

Thanks!
Paul Scott T.
WHOvian1969
Austin, TX
Post #: 20
The 12th sounds great! I will, unfortunately, not be able to attend due to my previously scheduled family reunion in Waco. If there are no other suggestions, then I will post it as an official meetup. Do you have a preferred time? Feel free to call me if you need to change a time or location after I post it as I am unable to be online constantly due to my job.

Scott
512-923-0019
Shellie
user 9710970
Austin, TX
Post #: 7
Sorry to keep you waiting for a time, Scott. We've had some family health stuff come up and everything else has gotten moved to the back burner.

And, actually, because of this stuff, I'm pretty sure we won't be able to be there next weekend. Would it be possible to move it to later this month? Just let me know when Jewel's watch party is and I'll try to schedule around that. Also, you can email me at atxnovelwriter AT gmail if you want to coordinate off-board. Thanks!
A former member
Post #: 32
Well, figuring that you were going to have your meet-up on the 12th and that Father's Day was out of the question (for anyone with a father, that is), we started planning on having a meet-up on the 26th at James & Jewel's place.

So, if you decide to reschedule to that weekend, you'll be forcing people to choose between the two. Unless you went with the 27th..?
Shellie
user 9710970
Austin, TX
Post #: 8
I understand and I did not know another meetup was in the works. I would never force anyone to choose between two meetups. I'll work with Jewel and Scott to figure out an appropriate date, perhaps in July if nothing else works out.