If this is your first time to come to the class, please read the instructions carefully before RSVPing.
If you've always wanted to start learning Japanese, this is the course for you. The classes focus a lot more on conversation, pronunciation, particles, and grammar than most schools or classes out there. If you don't know how to write hiragana and katakana, you can still attend the course but start learning NOW because there will be a lot of writing for homework.
→ Learn hiragana and katakana here.
FIRST, PLEASE EMAIL ME your 1) phone number with your 2) name at kazki.beatz@gmail dot com
The textbook uses only です/ます forms and does not have kanji. In this class you'll learn how to say things like these with い adjectives in chapter 6 (movement verbs) and 7 (interrogative nouns).
• I drove to the Japanese class with a friend tonight.
• What's to "drive" in Japanese?
• I rode a bicycle to the park this morning.
• How did you get here tonight?
• My aunt came to Austin this week.
• Please order the textbook Japanese For Dogs 1 on Amazon.
This is a textbook I wrote. If you leave a review on Amazon, following the guidelines at the bottom of this message, I'll give you a $10 off of your course fee.
Kazki's Home at Jewel Apartments: [masked]
1616 Royal Crest Dr
#80 (building 9, 2nd floor)
Austin, TX 78741
• Park anywhere. There's no gate code.
• Please keep off the grass from the lot to the apartment.
You're welcome to come 10 minutes early and be ready. The class starts on time.
If you miss a class, you may plan ahead and come to the class on Sunday before to make up for it with no additional charge. Please RSVP and let me know. However, please remember the students who have registered for Sunday have the first priorities to ask questions.
PAYMENT: Due 1 Week Before the 1st Class
$80 for 4 consecutive weeks (textbook not included in the price)
The payment is due 1 week before the class. I take cash, check, Venmo, or PayPal: kazki.beatz@gmail dot com
BRING AT EVERY CLASS
1) a pencil & eraser, black & red pens
2) a large size binder only for Japanese
3) loose leaf graph papers
4) a simple recording device like a smart phone (please be familiar with the recording app)
5) Japanese For Dogs 1
Please write an honest review by covering the following points, and let me know your display name on Amazon after publishing your review. Also, please remember this is a review on my book, not me as a teacher. Once your review’s been displayed on Amazon, please email me at kazki.beatz@gmail dot com and I’ll give you a $10 discount on your lesson fee. If these following four points are not covered, the $10 discount will not be available.
1. If you’ve used other Japanese textbooks before, what makes Japanese For Dogs different?
2. By using the grammar diagrams, how easy is it to understand the usage of different particles, like を, で, に, が, は, etc.?
3. How is it when you study it alone with the book without having me there as a teacher? Is it easy to follow and understand? Is all the necessary information there in each chapter, the dictionary, and grammar diagrams?
4. How helpful are the notations for the stresses and devoiced sounds? If you’ve tried Romaji or regular Japanese writing without those notations, how are the differences? If a native Japanese person(s) has ever commented on your pronunciation since you started using this book, please share.