Pertaining to this group, it was coined for young individuals in their 20s (including late teens) seeking to socialize, establish new friendships, and attend/organize numerous activities throughout our beautiful city of Ottawa!
With regards to group social events, some may include walking/hiking, swimming, kayaking, bowling, laser tag, playing pool, coffee shops, restaurants, movies, book clubs, going away for weekends to a cottage, and/or taking group trips out of the country. Additionally, this group is always open to suggestions. Consequently, please feel free to click on the "Contact" (below the list of organizers) button and provide a brief description of your proposed meetup. Furthermore, you are also welcome to initiate comments via Discussion Board/Forum, regarding any interest in organizing meetups. Overall, the success of this club depends on everyone's active participation, while respecting one's interests. Thus, do not hesitate to reach out if you are interested in hosting/organizing activities.
Code Of Conduct
• We are not a dating/hook up group. Consequently, please refrain (do NOT) have any of those unrealistic expectations and/or intentions when applying to join.
• As unequivocally mentioned above, this group was explicitly created for one in their 20's (late teens included). Additionally, individuals in their early 30's could perhaps be approved for membership by the main organizer. However, please be realistic and consider the age constraints, prior to applying. For example, individuals in their 40's, 50's, and/or 60's will absolutely NOT be permitted to enrol for obvious reasons; life experience (virtually nothing in common), varying generations (people in their 50's and/or 60's are literally old enough to also be our parents), and safety.
• Speaking of ensuring everyone's safety, please have a clear photo attached to your profile when applying to join. This simple course of action speaks to your physical appearance and verifies one's identity to the organizer (s).
•Although it is not mandatory to keep your profile photo once approved a member (some may feel uncomfortable), it is helpful to perhaps insert it back on if/when attending meetups. Overall, it helps organizers/members locate each other with minimal or zero stress at social events.
• If anyone shall express interest in uploading photos from meetups, you should perhaps consult those specific individuals, prior to proceeding.
• No malicious, disrespectful, harassment, or discriminatory behavior will be tolerated. In translation, our group is simply a fun socializing environment and deliberate drama/negativity is not welcome.
• Please RSVP "Yes" if you are interested in attending a meetup.
• While we completely understand that other life commitments may impede your attendance to meetups, please be considerate and change those RSVP's in a timely manner if you are unable to attend after all.