addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo
A former member
Post #: 210
Hi all.

Dave, or others, could you give me information on the benefits and disadvantages of being a minotaur? Also, can you tell me a bit about these skills?

* dungeoneering
* nature
* perception

How much bonus does weapon expertise [heavy blade] give me? Are there other feats that you would recommend for melee attacks?

Does Hester have anymore feat points to spend?

Is Hester a male or female?
Bob R.
CountBob
North Vancouver, BC
Post #: 41
Hi all.

Dave, or others, could you give me information on the benefits and disadvantages of being a minotaur? Also, can you tell me a bit about these skills?

* dungeoneering
* nature
* perception

How much bonus does weapon expertise [heavy blade] give me? Are there other feats that you would recommend for melee attacks?

Does Hester have anymore feat points to spend?

Is Hester a male or female?

OK, easiest one first - he's male.
You have no more feat points to spend - but then, you only got one.

Characteristics that accrue from being a Minoatur:
Your packages of stat modifiers: +2 to STR and (CON or WIS)
+2 to Nature and Perception
Goring Charge
Ferocity (can make charge as immediatge interrupt when you drop to 0HP)
Heedless Charge: +2 to AC vs opportunity attacks when you charge
Vitality: 1 additonal healing surge
you have a labyrinth fetish :)

as for the negatives... you don't get the racial benefits you'd get for being something else

Heavy blade expertise gives you +1 to hit feat bonus with all manner of heavy blades, this increases to +2 at 15th level and +3 at 25th. There are some other feats you could pick that would allow you to make additional occasional attacks, but I don't think that they're as much of a benefit.

Nature:
You have picked up knowledge and skills related to nature, including finding your way through the wilderness, recognizing natural hazards, dealing with and identifying natural creatures, and living off the land.
If you have selected this skill as a trained skill, your knowledge represents formalized study or extensive experience, and you have a better chance of knowing esoteric information in this field.

Dungeoneering:
You have picked up knowledge and skills related to dungeoneering, including finding your way through dungeon complexes, navigating winding caverns, recognizing dungeon hazards, and foraging for food in the Underdark.
If you have selected this skill as a trained skill, your knowledge represents formalized study or extensive experience, and you have a better chance of knowing esoteric information in this field.

Perception:
Make a Perception check to notice clues, detect secret doors, spot imminent dangers, find traps, follow tracks, listen for sounds behind a closed door, or locate hidden objects.
This skill is used against another creature’s Stealth check or against a DC set by the DM. In most situations, the DM uses your passive Perception check result to determine if you notice a clue or an imminent danger.
A passive Perception check is used when you aren't focusing on anything in particular, and assigns you a roll of "10".
A former member
Post #: 211
Alright. I think that I'm going to enjoy playing him. Once I get to know the D&D world a bit better, I'll probably want another race, but +2 to strength is pretty good.

Thanks, Bob!
Matt
mussels
Burnaby, BC
Post #: 30
Anyone know if there's a way to "ignore this thread" on the Meetup Message Board?

I want to keep receiving the updates when people post new threads, etc, but the signal to noise ratio between that and you guys' ongoing discussion about your MPB campaign is pretty low. :-\
Kirby
ECreelov
Group Organizer
New Westminster, BC
Post #: 91
I don't think that there's any way to ignore threads, though you can check the Meetup Help forums. It is bitterly ironic how technology can in one way make life easier, but in another way make life so very very hard. smile
Bob R.
CountBob
North Vancouver, BC
Post #: 42
I don't think that there's any way to ignore threads, though you can check the Meetup Help forums. It is bitterly ironic how technology can in one way make life easier, but in another way make life so very very hard. smile

Since we're the ones generating all the noise that's drowning out Matt's signal, I figured I should check Meetup Help as Kirby suggested. Discussions, such as we're using as a communication tool for our D&D stuff, can be changed into "Forum View", and Forums can be set to restrict access to certain members. One would assume that those who can't view a particular Forum would not be pestered with e-mails about it!
A former member
Post #: 214
Plate: 50
Greatsword: 30
Short Sword: 10

This only leaves you 10 GP, I've tentatively stuck in a couple of javelins at 5GP apiece, this would give you something to throw if need be. If you have other preferences, let us know.

As for doing 2-handed atacks with longswords:

- people usually use a shield in their off-hand (or off-hand weapon if they opt for 2-weapon abilities)
- I'd guess it never came up

Bob, Hester already had a longsword before buying anything. When I looked at the sheets tonight, I did not see it there, although, I did see the 2 other swords. If you did remove it, then would you please give it back?
A former member
Post #: 215
Bob, according this web page, Paladins can benefit from their own laying of hands. Will you allow it?
Bob R.
CountBob
North Vancouver, BC
Post #: 43
Bob, according this web page, Paladins can benefit from their own laying of hands. Will you allow it?

Yes
Bob R.
CountBob
North Vancouver, BC
Post #: 44
Plate: 50
Greatsword: 30
Short Sword: 10

This only leaves you 10 GP, I've tentatively stuck in a couple of javelins at 5GP apiece, this would give you something to throw if need be. If you have other preferences, let us know.

As for doing 2-handed atacks with longswords:

- people usually use a shield in their off-hand (or off-hand weapon if they opt for 2-weapon abilities)
- I'd guess it never came up

Bob, Hester already had a longsword before buying anything. When I looked at the sheets tonight, I did not see it there, although, I did see the 2 other swords. If you did remove it, then would you please give it back?

Bullshit.

You have conveniently edited out this part of the quote:

Welcome Kellen.

Dave and Bob, would it be possible to outfit my paladin, Hester, with a short sword, great sword, and spiked plated armour?

:^p And why didn't anybody tell me that we could do 2 handed attacks with a long sword?

No, you can't have spiked plate. You get 100 GP to equip with, and it would cost more than that.

Hester didn't "have a longsword before buying anything". Like I said, "YOU GET 100 GP TO EQUIP WITH".
Characters are not born with longswords (which is good news for their mothers!). You have to buy them, and anything else you want, out of the 100 GP you are allotted. If it costs more than 100 GP, you can't have it. If it's not on the equipment list, you have to ask the DM - maybe you'll be allowed to buy it, maybe not. If you had said: "Ive chanegd my mind about the greatsword", then fine - like I said: "Let us know if you have other preferences".

Frankly though, this is beyond the pale.