addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo
Bob R.
CountBob
North Vancouver, BC
Post #: 21
Session of January 19:

Eldoth, Hagen, Quinn, Lilli, Ea, Bharash

Everyone gets 250 xp, Ea levels up!

Eldoth gets 4 renown, everyone else gets 3 renown

Thorn the Barbarian and these 6 characters each get their share of the 400 gp,
this works out to 57 gp apiece.
Dave
DavidLevine
New Westminster, BC
Post #: 7
I have updated the records of Thorn, Ea, Quinn, Lilli, Eldoth and Bharhash. Still waiting on Ea, Lilli and Bharhash's Power and Feat choices for their level-ups.
Bob R.
CountBob
North Vancouver, BC
Post #: 22
I have updated the records of Thorn, Ea, Quinn, Lilli, Eldoth and Bharhash. Still waiting on Ea, Lilli and Bharhash's Power and Feat choices for their level-ups.

Had a discussion with Kirby about this. He's entitled to a Utility Spell at level 2 - bet it won't surprise you at all that he likes Expeditious Retreat!
Dave
DavidLevine
New Westminster, BC
Post #: 8
I thought I put that at the top of the list to save him time. I should have put it at the bottom to make him read the rest.

Does he know that you don't allow shifting without taking opportunity attacks?

I thought he would prefer the 10 square jump right off the map. It clearly takes no attacks.

Does he have a short sword or not? I think he deserves a basic magic staff of defense to start with.

Would be nice to see him with another offensive power.
Not powering up because you're too fragile just leads to a vicious circle of impotence.
Yes, I said it -- prove me wrong, Ea! cool

Dave
Bob R.
CountBob
North Vancouver, BC
Post #: 23
I thought I put that at the top of the list to save him time. I should have put it at the bottom to make him read the rest.

Does he know that you don't allow shifting without taking opportunity attacks?

I thought he would prefer the 10 square jump right off the map. It clearly takes no attacks.

Does he have a short sword or not? I think he deserves a basic magic staff of defense to start with.

Would be nice to see him with another offensive power.
Not powering up because you're too fragile just leads to a vicious circle of impotence.
Yes, I said it -- prove me wrong, Ea! cool

Dave

Well, I see he didn't surprise you much... I'm not surprised.

I should clarify... I don't allow shifting without taking opportunity attacks unless you have a power that allows you to do so - which the bad guys have been doing to you. The fact that such powers exist was my rationale for not allowing those who didn't have them to shift their way out of melee - that would render the powers meaningless. It's only fair that a character can do so as well if they select such powers.

As for the relative merits of the selection, well that's another matter entirely...
Dave
DavidLevine
New Westminster, BC
Post #: 9
That makes sense, but I must be missing something -- what is the point of us shifting while in combat, then?
It's one square - not likely to disengage anyone. It's just re-positioning -- like shuffling briefly.

And I thought monsters got it, too. Their extra power was to shift further or to move away entirely.
I could be wrong about this, though.

But I wasn't complaining. I don't mind house rules, as you know. You are always consistent and logical.
Anthony T.
user 12694411
Vancouver, BC
Post #: 39
anthonytench@shaw.ca

I believe Bob had suggested we could shift one square while adjacent to an opponent without provoking attacks of opportunity from that opponent. I believe Bob was arguing against people breaking ciontact by moving without provoking an attack of opportunity unless they had a specific ability to do so.

Again, I agree with Dave that a house rule is to be respected, especially if it is based on sound logic and is applied consistently.

I am especially impressed with Bob's DMing as this is aparently his first campaign as DM. I am pleased that we have reached that comfortable level of play where Bob can tell us players to shut up when we exasperate him.

Much appreciate the Bob's DMing and Kirby and Critty's hosting, have also enjoyed the level of play, especially among the newer players.

Thanks!
Anthony
Bob R.
CountBob
North Vancouver, BC
Post #: 24
Session of January 26:

Eldoth, Hagen, Quinn, Lilli, Ea, Bharash, Merric, Thorn

Everyone gets 131 xp, Bharash and Merric level up!

Thorn gets 4 renown, everyone else gets 3, Hagen and Eldoth receive Card #2.

No exciting treasure found, just the usual assortment of gently used weapons.
Kirby
ECreelov
Group Organizer
New Westminster, BC
Post #: 82
Got the package for the new adventure. Called March of the Phantom Brigade. It has something new called fortune cards.
Dave
DavidLevine
New Westminster, BC
Post #: 12
Bob, if I go with your Jan 26th update everyone loses 200 XP from their pre-game totals.

Did we get negative XP for our misbehaviour? ;)

Status as of January 26

Hagen (level 2): 2194 xp, 45 renown (Card #1, Card #2)
poultice x 2
57 gp

Eldoth (level 2): 2075 xp, 40 renown (Card #2)
Bracers of mighty strking, Hammer(magical)
poultice
57 gp

Quinn (level 2): 1668 xp, 35 renown (Card #1)
short sword (magical), large shield (magical)
142 gp

Ea (level 2): 1289 xp, 21 renown (Card #1)
staff (magical)
67 gp
poultice

Bharhash (level 2): 1077 xp, 26 renown
poultice
57 gp

Merric (level 2): 1036 xp, 26 renown (Card #1)
silver necklace, brooch, golden amulet (magical),
vial of green liquid(magical), silver and ruby eye
85 gp, 40 sp

Lilli(level 1): 945xp, 18 renown
poultice
57 gp

Sola (level 1): 906 xp, 20 renown (card)
75gp, 40 sp

Thorn (level 1): 405 xp, 10 renown
poultice
57 gp

Chaedi (level 1): 160xp, 3 renown
poultice

Rolen (level 1): 130xp, 3 renown
poultice

RIP:

Berrian (dragon fire-broiled)