This wonderful group was founded by Leanne who got this brilliant idea from a friend of a friend, Janey, of The Oxford Drunken Knitwits (UK). We're hoping to make the Drunken Knitwits group expand and become international. She has since moved on to taking over the world with her startup and some robots on her side, for now anyways. Also find us on facebook, https://www.facebook.com/groups/BostonDrunkenKnitwits/
Most of our members will agree that the Drunken Knitwits are hands-down the best knitting clubs in existence today, and probably ever. The first chapter was established in Oxford, UK in 2012 to fill a desperate need for old-fashioned drunken knitting get-togethers. Break-out chapters have been popping up ever since and now we're in 3 continents, 4 countries, and 8 cities. There's no looking back! Whether you're a knitter who needs to add a social aspect to your hobby, someone who's always wanted to learn to knit, or someone who's new to town and wants to take on a new hobby while making friends, then the Drunken Knitwits are the people you’ve been looking for.
3 TENETS OF DRUNKEN KNITHOOD
1. If you're embarrassed to knit in a pub, then you're taking yourself way too seriously, and could use a lesson from a Knitwit. 'Nuff said GET OVER YOURSELF
2. We aim to provide a friendly and welcoming environment to anyone who wishes to join. If you're a true Knitwit, you'll do the same and aim to meet at least one new person at each event you attend. DO UNTO OTHERS
3. We pride ourselves in being an active and committed group, where we can find familiar faces week after week. So come along, and stay for a while -- most Knitwits do.
Warnings and Disclaimers:
1. You may have to unpick some knitting mistakes after attending a DK event; we suggest bringing simple projects to avoid this hassle.
2. We use the term "knit" roughly; if you prefer crochet, that's cool.