addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The Brightoneers Message Board › Local currency and payment smartcards

Local currency and payment smartcards

Daniel W.
user 53397962
Brighton, GB
Post #: 14
Good News - we've got the go ahead to use the technology for a 1 month pilot.

To keep costs down we're just going to use the electronic money purse, and during the pilot we will work on the businesses rules required for other schemes.

We have 5 contactless readers, and plan to issue 50 to 100 cards to people Brightoneers interested in taking part and local 'influencers'.

If anyone wants to take part and / or knows any local cafes. shops or pubs that might be interested in taking part, please let me know. Thanks a lot, Dan
Iain C.
IainChambers
Brighton, GB
Post #: 8
Top work Dan!
Emily O.
user 70559802
Brighton, GB
Post #: 8
That's great Dan- well done.
Vic
VickyWJ
Easton, GB
Post #: 3
Daniel W.
user 53397962
Brighton, GB
Post #: 16
Great news, as well as Seven Bees cafe (the best fry-up in Brighton) The Marwood and Ground Coffee Houses have both agreed to take part in the pilot. I'm chuffed as hell as they were our favourites based on locations and values. So we have 4 participating cafes, we have room for one more too. Hopefully we can get on in the North Laine. I'll hopefully get an update on timings from sQuid tomorrow.
Iain C.
IainChambers
Brighton, GB
Post #: 9
Hi Dan
Sorry i have been off the grid for a bit. Do you still want me to follow up Slice?
Daniel W.
user 53397962
Brighton, GB
Post #: 17
No worries, I'd really like to meet Slice in a non-sales way just to talk about what we're doing. If nobody drops out, we have room for one more cafe and my preference would be one in North Laine so we have a nice spread of locations.
Emily O.
user 70559802
Brighton, GB
Post #: 9
I wondered how the pilot is going? or is it too early to say?....
Emily O.
user 70559802
Brighton, GB
Post #: 12
Hi- I've just been asked to do a bit of research for a scheme in London, for low income people to get some (quite small) sums of money which would be restricting to spending on fruit and veg. Funded by a charity. Looking at piloting in street markets. Possibly in a low tech way (plastic tokens or something) that could then be rolled out in a smart card sort of way if successful.
I thought of this thread as I am wondering if there is a mobile payment scheme or similar that doesn't require the up front costs (and presumably electricity.... ) required for card-readers? Or am I being a bit naive here - perhaps you don't need electricity any more to have a card readers?
Any thoughts v welcome!!! my email is o.brien@virgin.net if anyone wanted to contact me off-list!