addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The Burlington Makers Meetup Group Message Board › Two bits of news and a question

Two bits of news and a question

Bennett H.
user 17161481
Group Organizer
Burlington, NC
Post #: 3
Hey All,

Two bits of news.
If things go according to plan The Times News of Burlington will be publishing the article about me, my science kits, maker faire NC, and the idea of starting a Maker Space in Burlington in this Sunday's (July 10th) paper. It should be in the "accent" section.

Also, check out this interesting article with interviews from Women Makers that are members of Maker Spaces (Hacker Spaces) around the Country: http://blog.makezine....­

A question: Did everyone get the LONG e-mail I sent out late last week summarizing our first meetup and where we go from here? Are you getting the messages I send out via group tools? (I'm getting them but one person said they had not) and I've not had any feedback otherwise.

And a second question (from that e-mail) when do you think we should try for our next meeting (so that more folks can attend). Please discuss!

Thanks!
Ben
John W. L.
user 18186461
Burlington, NC
Post #: 2
I got the (long) email -- maybe it was a bit _too_ long for cogent replies... ;-) Also, FWIW the email was formatted in HTML. I'm probably the only person in the group that prefers to use a text-based email reader, but if you could find a way to turn-off the HTML in the email it would work better for me. :-)

I'm fairly open on meeting times. Have you heard from any more likely attendees?

I was thinking that maybe a round of "lightning talks" might be a cheap and easy way to garner some interest in the group? Just a thought...

John
Bob G.
NCBob
High Point, NC
Post #: 2
I got the emails, but not a notice about any of the posts here on the meetup discussion board even though I'm subscribed to get all updates.
Kris
user 7224491
Greensboro, NC
Post #: 5
I did not get the long e-mail and have not gotten the group tools messages. I received this one only as part of the monthly summary of the discussion board.

-Kris