**Update:** The lottery for this workshop is closed, but there are 2 available spots due to RSVP changes. These will be offered on a first-come, first-served basis. Thanks!
**Important Note:** This is 1 of 3 workshop options ("Fast Feedback" offered on February 17 and March 3, and "A Crash Course on Narrative Craft" offered on February 24) with Joni B. Cole in February. We’re continuing to experiment with ways of making workshop attendance for guest author workshops as fair as possible. In that spirit, we’ll be doing a lottery for guest author workshops moving forward. Enter the lottery by filling out this form: http://burlingtonwritersworkshop.com/joni-cole-workshops-lottery/. The lottery will close on Saturday, January 6, midnight. See below for more information. Thanks for your participation!
• What we'll do: As part of this workshop for writers of fiction and creative nonfiction, participants are invited to bring 2-3 double-spaced pages of a work-in-progress to read aloud for appreciation and quality feedback. The discussions also will include instruction on craft, and insights on how to cultivate a positive and productive creative process. Both nervous beginners and seasoned authors are welcome. Enrollment is limited to 9. The workshop is taught by Joni B. Cole, founder of the Writer's Center of White River Junction and author of the new book Good Naked: Reflections on How to Write More, Write Better, and Be Happier (listed as "One of the Best Books for Writers" by Poets & Writers magazine). For more info on the instructor, visit www.jonibcole.com
This workshop was funded in part by the Burlington City Arts Community (http://www.burlingtoncityarts.org) Fund.
• What to bring: 2-3 double-spaced pages of a work-in-progress to read aloud for appreciation and quality feedback
• Important to know: Here's how the lottery will work
1. You need to have attended at least 1 “regular” workshop in which you offered feedback to your fellow members in order to be eligible for the lottery. This is the same requirement we have before you can submit your own work for feedback. Given that all our workshops are free and open to all, this is just a simple step to ensure we’re keeping alive our spirit of both giving and receiving.
2. Enter the lottery by filling out this form: http://burlingtonwritersworkshop.com/joni-cole-workshops-lottery/. Please check all workshops in this offering that you would like to/are available to attend. Our goal will be to ensure that as many people as possible can attend at least 1 of these 3 workshops. If there are additional spots available, we’ll happily give you a seat at more!
3. The lottery will close on Saturday, January 6, midnight. Once the lottery closes, we’ll do a random drawing and offer spots based on lottery order and workshop preference. For future guest author workshops, we’ll also try to move folks who haven’t gotten into a guest author workshop before to the top of the list.
4. We’ll notify you by Friday, January 19 to let you know if you have a spot in 1 or more of the workshops or if you’re on the waitlist—and we’ll ask you to confirm your attendance within 1 week.
5. We’ll ask for a 48-hour cancellation notice for these workshops. For the sake of fairness to those on the waitlist—and to ensure we have enough participants for a vibrant workshop—if you cancel within 48 hours, we’ll ask you to wait for at least 1 guest author workshop before entering another lottery.