A How-To List for Dysfunctional Living and Non-Critical thinking:
1. Surround yourself with people who think like you.
2. Don’t question your relationships. You then can avoid dealing with problems within them.
4. If critiqued by a friend or lover, look sad and dejected and say, “I thought you were my friend!” or “I thought you loved me!”
5. When you do something unreasonable, always be ready with an excuse.
6. Focus on the negative side of life.
7. Blame others for your mistakes.
8. Verbally attack those who criticize you. Then you don’t have to bother listening to what they say.
9. Go along with the groups you are in. Then you won’t have to figure out anything for yourself.
10. Act out when you don’t get what you want. If questioned, look indignant.
11. Focus on getting what you want. If questioned, say, “If I don’t look out for number one, who will?”