**CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19): Update to Members as at February 2021
When Lockdown begins to be relaxed, all new and existing events will be arranged in accordance with current social distancing rules. Where this is not possible, the event will either be deferred to a later date or cancelled. Please ensure you check back to the relevant events page for further updates. Meanwhile, stay well and healthy and look forward to seeing you all in the near future.
There's nothing like a piece of cake, coffee and a chinwag to break the ice, so come and join us for great connection and good company in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere - often with delicious bakes! We'll be looking at a variety of cosy venues in the Basingstoke and surrounding areas for regular get-togethers. You're assured of a warm welcome and we'll always make sure we introduce you to other members. Please don't feel shy about coming along - we've all done it!
Changes in family circumstances, separation, divorce, a personal loss or a move to a new area can all contribute to feelings of loneliness and isolation. For others, modern living often means we rely too much on social media and technology resulting in fewer opportunities to connect in the real world. We hear reports about a 'loneliness epidemic' and Britain being 'the loneliness capital of Europe'.
So let's begin to change all that!
We won't be stopping at cake though! As the membership builds, we'll be looking at other activities to suit all tastes and budgets; from movie and theatre nights, fun art experiences, wine and gin tastings, dinners, tea cruises, cookery demos, antiques browsing, craft sessions and much, much more! We want to hear your ideas too.
No-one needs to feel left out or on their own and this is a great opportunity to come and build new friendships in the area.
The activities we're planning will probably appeal to women who are around 45 yrs upwards although this is not set in stone. However, the group might not be suitable for under 25's.
A few simple rules which we would ask you to read and agree to:
1. The organiser will spend a fair bit of their own time sourcing great places to go and will absorb the Meetup site fee. So, while we don't charge a membership fee, we would ask that you make a contribution of £1 per event that you attend, to offset some of their time and effort.
2. Members are required to be polite and respectful towards each other and the organisers at all times. Any inappropriate messages will be removed from the Meetup site and the member(s) in question cancelled from the group.
3. Members are required to notify the organiser at least 24 hours beforehand if they are unable to attend by changing their status to 'No' so a place can be offered to those on the waitlist.
4. Costs for ticketed events are payable individually (unless otherwise notified) and must be paid at the time of booking to secure a place. No refunds can be given for group ticketed events where a member is unable to attend, but they may try to sell their ticket to another member on the waitlist. This is the responsibility of the member and not the organisers.
5. We would like members to be committed to supporting the group, so failure to notify of non attendance on 3 occasions will result in cancellation of membership. If there has been no attendance or activity for 6 months or more from a member then regretfully their membership will be cancelled.
6. The organisers are unable to provide transport unless this is part of an event package, but members are entitled to contact each other to arrange this, where practical.