What we're about
Lovely Ladies - there's nothing like a piece of cake, coffee and a chinwag to break the ice, so come and join us for great connection and good company in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere - often with delicious bakes! We aim to hold events at a variety of fun venues in the Basingstoke and surrounding areas for regular get-togethers. You're assured of a warm welcome and we'll always make sure we introduce you to other members. Please don't feel shy about coming along - we've all done it. We tend to focus on the smaller numbers for events - usually up to 12 people max - so no-one feels overwhelmed. And it's a great way to build lasting friendships.
We won't be stopping at cake though! We plan many types of activities to suit all tastes and budgets; from movie and theatre nights, fun art experiences, wine and gin tastings, dinners, lunches, tea cruises, cookery demos, antiques browsing, craft sessions and much, much more! We want to hear your ideas too.
No-one needs to feel left out or on their own and this is a great opportunity to come and build new friendships in the area.
PLEASE NOTE: The events we hold will probably appeal more to women who are around 45 yrs upwards, although this is not mandatory.
A few simple rules which we would ask you to read and agree to:
1. The organiser will spend a fair bit of their own time sourcing great places to go and will absorb the Meetup site fee. So, while we don't charge a membership fee, we would ask that you make a contribution of £2 per event that you attend, to offset some of their time, effort and expense.
2. Members are required to be polite and respectful towards each other and the organiser at all times. Any inappropriate messages will be removed from the Meetup site and the member(s) in question cancelled from the group.
3. Members are required to notify the organiser at least 24 hours beforehand if they are unable to attend by changing their status to 'Not going' so a place can be offered to those on the waitlist.
4. Costs for ticketed events are payable individually (unless otherwise notified) and must be paid at the time of booking to secure a place. No refunds can be given for events where a member is unable to attend and monies have been paid to the venue, but they may try to transfer their place to another member or friend. This is the responsibility of the member and NOT the organiser.
5. We would like members to be committed to supporting the group, so failure to notify of non-attendance on 3 occasions will result in cancellation of membership.
6. The organisers are unable to provide transport unless this is part of an event package, but members are entitled to contact each other to arrange this, where practical.
Upcoming events (4+)
Past events (74)
This content is available only to members