addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Canceling - Sue's Thursday Noon paddle

Last year several of us paddled during the week throughout the winter and it made the winter SO much more bearable!! So I'm going to do it again this year. Almost every Thursday, I will launch from the marsh end of Station 26 on Sullivan's Island soon after Noon (note, I'll arrive at Noon and launch when ready).

Anyone, any boats are welcome. But PLEASE!!!! Dress for the COLD weather and COLD water!!!! Generally this is fairly sheltered water, but sometimes the wind can whip things up.

We'll paddle for about 2 hours. Where we go and what we do will depend upon the tides and the weather. And who shows up and what they want to do. Destinations are many (Pitt Street Bridge, Breach Inlet.....) or we will just paddle through the beautiful marsh and see what we see. I love this bit of water and the variety I can reach from this put-in.

This is a MeetUp and you are responsible for your own safety. However PFD's must be fitted properly and worn at all times.

I will not be able to transport any rental boats, but call Sea Kayak Carolina [masked]) if you would like to rent one and are able to transport it yourself.

National Weather Service Forecast here.

Coastal Waters Forecast here.

Call me if you have any questions.

Sue's Cell[masked]


Sea Kayak Carolina
1731 Signal Point Road
Charleston, SC 29412

Join or login to comment.

  • Adam

    What a bummer... I won't be able to make it next week either. However, I do intend to either participate in the Stono to Sandy Point Paddle on Sunday or I might even paddle around Breach Inlet and play in the surf if anyone is interested. There is a newly formed channel at the gully, I am hoping it might make for some small, yet fun, current play. If anyone is interested in meeting me on Sunday, then let me know.

    February 7, 2013

  • Jason B.

    I'm out of town on business next week, but maybe I'll see you on the water on Sundays Stono river run! Failing that maybe Thursday two weeks from today.

    February 7, 2013

  • Sue K

    Looks like rain and storms coming in around Noon. Gonna cancel. darn! The weather is not cooperating with us this year!! I'll try again next week.

    February 7, 2013

  • Chris(topher) E.

    Not afraid of the big bad rain, but a conflict has come up that I must attend to in place of the paddle.

    February 6, 2013

  • Jason B.

    Hoping the weather holds off!

    February 6, 2013

  • Sue K

    The rain may hold off until after 2. I'm holding out hope, but am not counting on making it out. Check back here in the morning!

    February 6, 2013

  • Jason B.

    Looks like a strong likelihood of rain tomorrow. (60%-ish) Is this outing still going to be on track? If so, i'll tell work to go away for a while and come play!

    February 6, 2013

3 went

Our Sponsors

Sign up

Meetup members, Log in

By clicking "Sign up" or "Sign up using Facebook", you confirm that you accept our Terms of Service & Privacy Policy