addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The Chicago Data Visualization Group Message Board › Confirm attendance, Prep for Andy's topic (for those that asked), and Andy h

Confirm attendance, Prep for Andy's topic (for those that asked), and Andy has training spots open.

Josh D.
JoshDoyle
Chicago, IL
Hey everyone,

Here are a few important points relating to our meeting next week.

• The interest in our June 14th meetup has been very good! So much so that we are at capacity for our space at TechNexus and I may have to close the meeting to anyone that hasn't already RSVP'd. I hope all of you are able to attend but if you think it is unlikely then please be considerate of your fellow Chicagoans that do want to attend and update your RSVP "No" to the meeting as soon as possible. Thanks.
  • I've been asked by a few of you about preparing for the meeting. Andy's talk, "The 8 Hats of Data Visualization" is about the different roles involved in creating data visualizations. I haven't previewed any of his content. Here are some resources, though, that provide several good real world case studies on the creation of data visualizations:

These are good resources but its ok if you don't get to them. Showing up at the meeting and engaging is all that is asked.

• Two spaces in Andy's training session in Chicago on Friday, June 15th are available. Check it out.

I'm sorry for the flurry of recent emails. We'll talk briefly at the meeting about how we will handle communications going forward.

See you next week.

Thanks,

Josh