I'd love to bring together a group of like-minded people who want to "choose themselves".
What does that mean? Don't let anyone else use their agendas to make your decisions: a boss, family, peers, society, etc.
Everyone has an agenda. Pick yours and run with it to find freedom. Freedom is when you get to make your own choices and always find creative ways to deal with the inevitable obstacles.
The end result is to make YOU happy, and that will ripple out to all of those closest to you.
When this group has meetings (perhaps once a month), I'd love people to network and make new friends with like-minded people, share stories of how they moved past obstacles to achieve successes, reinvented their careers, share specific techniques and ideas they used, and teach and learn new skills.
Skills for choosing oneself include:
1) Creativity - becoming an IDEA MACHINE
2) Evaluate good ideas vs bad
3) Public speaking
4) Writing - how to write anything from non-fiction to fiction to copywriting to self-publishing to making money writing, etc.
7) Meta-learning - learning how to learn and master any skill as quickly as possible
8) Investing - learning every method of investing
9) Entrepreneurship - discussing all the trials and techniques for successful entrepreneurship.
10) Failure - learning how to survive it. Go stronger from it.
11) Relationships - the best ways to build relationships supportive of your dreams and theirs.
12) Networking - how to network without being slimy.
13) Other - there's always "other".
Group meetings might have speakers, Q&A, live podcasts with interesting guests, networking and sharing, mini-courses on some of the topics above and more, and just having fun while meeting similar people.
"Choose Yourself" by James Altucher
"13 Things Mentally Strong People Don't Do" - by Amy Morin
"Mastery" by Robert Greene
"Tools of the Titans" by Tim Ferriss
"Reinvent Yourself" by James Altucher
Who Am I?
I've started about 20 businesses and failed at most of them. But have had a few successes.
I'm invested in over 30 private companies plus have advised many companies.
I've written 21 books, some of them horrible, some of them bestsellers. I'm a chess master, standup comedian, entrepreneur, writer, software guy. And I'm very lazy and don't like being told what to do.
My podcast, "The James Altucher Show" has had on guests ranging from Eric Schmidt (former CEO of Google), Tyra Banks, Richard Branson, Danica Patrick, Garry Kasparov, Coolio, Tim Ferris, and hundreds more. Many of these podcast guests can potentially make appearances at group meetings.