addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The Central Ohio Gamedev Group Message Board › In search of a team or starting one possibly

In search of a team or starting one possibly

Thom S.
theSwann
Columbus, OH
Post #: 3
Little about myself. 30 years old. Married with 2 kids(I think that already says a lot). Almost 4th year "Game and Simulation Programming" major from DeVry University. Kept a solid 3.8 GPA and have really loved all of it. I have "tinkered" with stuff for years but only really got serious when I met my wife and moved to Ohio. I could never find like minded people that had a common goal as I to create something for people to enjoy. Now that I am coming up on the end of my major I am starting to realize my choices out there and am thinking that the Indie route may be a good place to really start.

I have been using UDK as my main toolkit and have really gotten familiar with UnrealScript in the process. I have a strong C++, C# background from my current position so I have picked it up pretty quickly. I also messed around with XNA(which was cool) but that was about a year and a half ago and my 3d math skills were newbish at best. I would be proficient at gameplay programming and designing if there was a need. and even hard surface modeling(actually pretty easy once I got use to max/sketchup) but really open to just getting out there.

I guess this post is to see who or what is out there in the Columbus area. I live in Lancaster but commute to Dublin(also work remotely as well). Down for pretty much anything but as any good gamer I have ideas to bring to the table to contribute(only when the time is right if it were an established team of course). I use g+, skype, etc.

http://www.youtube.co...­
Kyle B.
user 50799212
Columbus, OH
Post #: 4
First off, here is the proper thread for this sort of topic. Todd's trying to keep the message board relatively clean.

Next thing is, though, definitely try to make it to the meetup in July. Todd won't be there, but I will, and at least several of the others from the Columbus area. You'll get to meet them all, and get to see what they're all doing.
Thom S.
theSwann
Columbus, OH
Post #: 4
First off, here is the proper thread for this sort of topic. Todd's trying to keep the message board relatively clean.

Next thing is, though, definitely try to make it to the meetup in July. Todd won't be there, but I will, and at least several of the others from the Columbus area. You'll get to meet them all, and get to see what they're all doing.

The message Todd posted seemed to be more of a professional nature while I was looking at the indie small team route. This message board is no where near busy enough to warrant such a rule.

I have attended some of the meetups in 2011 but have not had the free time to attend when it was scheduled. Thx for trying to help anyway.

Kyle B.
user 50799212
Columbus, OH
Post #: 5
Oh alrighty Sorry to clutter your post then. :/