addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The Central Ohio Gamedev Group Message Board › ClickShake's Kickstarter for a new side-scrolling sci-fi adventure game A Sm

ClickShake's Kickstarter for a new side-scrolling sci-fi adventure game A Small Favor

Steve C.
ColumbusSteve
Blacklick, OH
Post #: 47

We've just launched our first Kickstarter for a 2D side-scrolling, scif-adventure game:
http://www.kickstarte...­

It's based on my partner and artist Jay "Zeebarf" Ziebarth's series of browser games by the same name. They were originally point-and-click, but this new one will allow you to control your character and more freely explore the world and find secrets and stuff.

I setup a mini-site for the game here: http://www.asmallfavo...­
Michael
LoneWolfe007
Toledo, OH
Post #: 3
Very cool. Ever since Kings Quest I have been a big fan of point and click adventures, which this reminds me of. Though obviously its not like that. I can't wait to check out their other games. Defiantly donating some money to the creation of this game :)
Steve C.
ColumbusSteve
Blacklick, OH
Post #: 48
Thanks Michael! We're still considering the controls on this one. We might do point and click, keyboard controls, or the option for both.
Michael
LoneWolfe007
Toledo, OH
Post #: 4
Thanks Michael! We're still considering the controls on this one. We might do point and click, keyboard controls, or the option for both.

Oh really? That's really cool. Either setup I'm sure would be sweet for that type of game. I feel that as in the case of odd world and kings quest, They balanced the two types of controls together quite well even for the time they were made. I feel this game would be perfect for that type of setup or a similar one at least.