addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The Central Ohio Gamedev Group Message Board › Looking for an interesting and energetic panelist for upcoming conference

Looking for an interesting and energetic panelist for upcoming conference

Nikki N.
NikkiNavta
Pittsburgh, PA
Post #: 1
I'm moderating a panel discussion at the Ohio Ed-Tech Conference (http://oetc.ohio.gov/...­, and am looking for a game designer who is interested and qualified to speak about the great things that happen to our brains when we develop games. Questions will be along the lines of: Why should we teach game design in schools? Where do non-game design teachers start? How to convince school administrators that kids are really learning something when they are designing games? Does designing a game mean anything in the "real world"?
We can't pay you cash, but can give you free admission to all three days of the conference. And the satisfaction of knowing you can help get game design curriculum into our schools!
Jason C.
GamesEngineer
Columbus, OH
Post #: 16
I am interested in your offer. Coincidentally, I am presenting a talk, entitled "Why Make Video Games?", at Shawnee State University, tomorrow (Nov. 1). My talk is primarily aimed at students, rather than educators, however some of the content is similar to the topic of your panel discussion. I am a professional game developer, since 1996. I also follow cognitive neuroscience research, especially relating to video games, such as this great TED talk by Dr. Daphne Bavelier.