addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

EAST BAY RAW: Raw & Vegan Food & Health Message Board The Oakland Raw Food Meetup Group Discussion Forum › Do you know of a General Practicioner (HMO) in Berk/Oak that is more open-m

Do you know of a General Practicioner (HMO) in Berk/Oak that is more open-minded?

A former member
Hey!  I need to switch primary docs (covered by HMO insurance) to someone that has more of an open mind to alternative health.  I don't expect them to practice alternative medicine, for that I will continue to pay out of pocket.  However, for some basic things, I can still turn to the coverage under health insurance and I want to be able to have a conversation and partnerhship with them about what I'm doing.   Any docs out there that are "cool"  and that also work with HMO? 

Thx, Diana

p.s. I'm going to see Dr. Klaper at True North in a couple of weeks for a complete health evaluation w/ comprehensive blood panel.  It'll be interesting to see how my blood looks after almost 3 years of cleansing and high raw vegan diet.

A former member
Post #: 2
Hey Diana,
I've enjoyed seeing Dr. Wendy Buffett. If you can give her a try. She was recommended to me by Dr. Aumatma Shaw from Karma Clinic. She communicates via e-mail and was very kind to me. She even has Rumi poems on her patient sheets. Let me know how your bloodwork goes! Blessings--Heather