addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

EAST BAY RAW: Raw & Vegan Food & Health Message Board The Oakland Raw Food Meetup Group Discussion Forum › RAW on a Budget- updated content and menu

RAW on a Budget- updated content and menu

Darcy
user 2970943
Oakland, CA
Hi all:

I wanted to send you an updated message from Brandi about her talk and the delicious food that will be available.

I also need volunteers to help set up and clean up- Please e-mail me (you can reply to this message)

if you're interested in volunteering and coming for free.

Brandi will share some vital strategies for learning how to live a budget-conscious raw foods diet!

She emphasizes:

"Eating a budget-friendly raw foods diet is more than just about finding low-cost produce and I will show you why! Plus, I will show you how to feel inspired and empowered by your budget, instead of feeling limited or deprived. The strategies will prepare you to begin your budget-conscious raw foods journey!

You can't miss this talk! This is your opportunity to finally get some real answers on how to enjoy a raw foods diet without robbing a bank!

I will also include a 15-20 period where people can basically pick my brain. This way I can cover the most vital strategies for starting the raw foods on a budget journey and then answer specific questions about storage, where to buy food, etc. that people may have.

-Brandi

Also: an updated menu from Jillian (the dessert items were changed a bit):

here is the updated Menu for Wednesday - i just changed the dessert items a bit
Special: 2 pizzas and 1 salad $15

Pizzas $6
Choice of Three Italian Fusion Pizzettes with Onion and Rosemary Crust
Herbed Spinach Pesto with Sweet Pepper Tapenade,
Pizza Margherita with Garden Fresh Basil,
Chipotle Spiced Mango Marinara with Crisp Summer Corn

Salad $6
Mediterranean Rocket Salad with Ginger Pear Dressing

Sweets: $3
Orange Infused Aphrodisiac Chocolate Truffles
Superfood Energy Balls
Vanilla Chai Frozen Mousse

ToGo Snacks $5
Gourmet Cajun BBQ Kale Chips
Gourmet Cheezy Pecan Kale Chips

It's $6 for the venue fee-

RSVP here­

(All meetup members who have memberships come for free. If you have any questions about getting membership, e-mail me. We’ve been doing this since April. For $25, Meetup members get all Downtown Oakland venue fees waived through November and some thank you gifts: a laminated instruction sheet that comes in a variety of raw food topics such as cleansing, dehydration, superfoods, juicing from the Hippocrates Institute and some Kaia pumpkin seeds.)

More about Brandi Rollins

Brandi Rollins is an instructor and author of Confessions of an East Coast Raw Vegan: A Guide to Eating Raw Foods on the East Coast and the upcoming book, Raw Foods on a Budget: the Ultimate Program and Workbook to Eating Raw Foods on a Budget. Brandi has led workshops and online programs teaching people how to enjoy a raw food lifestyle in cold climates and while living on a budget. Brandi is also a doctoral student studying the development of food preferences and eating for pleasure in early childhood at Penn State University.

More about Jillian Love:

Jillian began living a Raw Food Lifestyle in 1997 after
a 2 week paradigm-shifting living food detox transformed her body and mind and expanded her consciousness around food as an essential element for optimal living. Organic raw vegan foods, healthy conscious lifestyles and sustainable green living are integral to her life.

Jillian completed her certification as Associate Raw Food Chef from Living Light Culinary Arts Institute in October 2003. She has her Bachelors Degree in Communications and a Masters Degree in Counseling. She is a Certified Life Coach through The Coaches Training Institute and a Certified Master NLP Practitioner through NLP California.

Further information to get to the venue:
Here are further instructions about finding the space. 2141 Broadway has an entrance with blue mosaic tiles around it. Go directly up the stairs and turn left into the room. (There is an elevator available from a different entrance on 22nd St. if anybody needs assistance). The location is just a block from BART....exit BART at 19th Street Station. That puts you right near the Paramount Theater and walk a block and a half up from there.
ONE MORE THING- It is advisable for all meetup events to go back to the site at least the day of the event to check to see if any changes have been made. This happens from time to time. I e-mail everyone but in case you miss something, I suggest you take a last look. (very rarely will any changes be made that last day)